It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: TICA Uk Show South West
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hello Everyone,

Finally we are able to announce the first TICA show in the West Country for 4 years!! This time coming from a club dedicated to showing in the South West and Wales.

The first show will be held in Somerset on the 27th & 28th November 2010.

The Judges, entry fees and any other information will be published on our website www.westicat.com on May 1st 2010. Members who sign up before May or within the first 8 weeks of entries opening will receive 10% off show entry fees.

Our members are steadily growing and we have a fantastic club team:

President: Jen Dinham
Vice President: Tricia Bristow
Secretary: Jeannine Parfitt
Treasurer: Susan Grafton
Counsellor: Poppi Clements

This will be a show with a difference; our 2 charities we will be donating to are CoronaVirus Research (FIP) and Help For Heroes. We expect our show to fill very quickly and advise getting entries in quickly. Entries will close 2 weeks BEFORE the date of the show.

See you there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Great news guys!! hopefully closer to the time I will have this new job in hand. At the moment though the 12hr days are really hardcore!!! lol :D

aka The NO! ->

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:48 pm 
The Boss

Excellent Jen, well done. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you Luke.

I forgot to mention that even though I am reproducing helpers for the show in September, I will need helpers who can hold up their own heads.

So.....if anyone fancies earning a bob or two and helping (or knows of anyone over the age of 16 who would like to help), please send them my way and I will put you in touch with our event co-ordinator who can give you more info. You don't need any experience, we will be able to hold your hand all the way through.

Post subject: Shiow
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Great news Jen, and well done!
I am sure it will be a great success! :D

http://www.bengalbreedersunited.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That's brilliant! Our kitties aren't registered with TICA, only GCCF, but if there's going to be a 'local' show then I think we could well be tempted to get them registered :D

Post subject: TICA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Actually, you can enter your cats in 1 TICA show without them being registered. :D You can then see if you like the showing style.

If you are lucky enough to win points and want to continue showing (or claim your cats title) you can then register them before you go to the next show. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:16 pm 
We'll be there with bells on and persuade a few others to enter too!

Babs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am currently working out how many cats we can get in and our single occupancy is 200 cats/kittens. If anyone has cats/kittens who can share, that will increase the level. I am also looking at costings and hope that everyone will like the entry fees :wink:

We will have opportunities for advertising to suit everyone's budget. The club is wholly supporting breeders of all breeds in the South West and Wales both in terms of adoptions and personal endevours.

For all you lovely pet owners, regardless of breed (or no-breed), I would like to support Karen in saying that you can indeed show ANY cat with TICA once before registering. Many kittens are shown without being registered with TICA, however this must be done if you want to come again. My HHP Meggie went to a show as a companion and on the Sunday replaced the cat she was supporting due to my Bengal having to stand down on the Saturday. Meg is a rescue cat! She managed to get Champion that day and is now a TICA registered Grand Champion (or Grand Master for HHPs) Not bad for a £40 cat eh? And because I LOVE irony, Meg is the only cat in my house amongst 7 pedigree Bengals with a title....lol...

Please note that if you are registered with the GCCF, you are required to Email (you can phone but with Email, you have it in writing) the GCCF that you intend to show your cat/s with TICA and you must ensure that none of the cats from your household attend a GCCF show within 13 days of the TICA show (this is often refered to as 'the 13 day rule') before and after. I must mention that TICA has no such rule but likes there to be a blank weekend between shows if possible......

I hope this is not too much to ask, but I am looking for as much 'spreading the word' as I can get. I am sure that after the show, we will be known in the South West, especially as our show will be advertised on the radio and in the press (WesTICAt supports Help for Heroes and FIP), and that we will raise lots of money for both our worthwhile charities.

A dog show was held in Norfolk last year by some people I know and it was too linked to H4H and they managed to raise £85,000....!....and because I have talked to them, I know how they did it and have offered to help us....how clever am I?? lol..... 8)

That sorts the fundraising out but running the show is still down to us. Thanks for your support everyone.

.....oh, and you can join our facebook page too - search WesTICAt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

We've only been to TICA shows as visitors in the past but maybe it's time we did enter because it looks like fun if hard work :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Great news!

Entry forms are up and we are ready to accept your entries with our earlybird special rate.

Tell your friends and anyone who owns a cat and can get to Taunton at the end of November.....

Entries close 14th November.

Here's hoping the links work well - please tell me if they don't!!

http://www.westicat.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Great news Jen...well done!
The links seem to work, but I cannot get the printable entry form up.

All I can say about the show is...great area....great judges.....great prices!!!
Congrats...I am sure it is going to be a fabulous and successful show! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

thanks Karen, I'll check it out - it's been a long day.

Just need lots of people to enter now.....! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:01 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Great News everyone!

The Holiday Inn Express in Taunton is our Show Hotel.

We have been allocated 30 rooms (more available) at a rate of £65 per room including breakfast.

There is NO charge for cats!

Any rooms not taken by 26th October will be retracted and will be offered at a rate of £85 per night, however, if all the rooms are taken by August, they will add more at the special rate.

All cats MUST be supervised at all times whilst in the hotel and rooms are to be kept clean, clearing up any mess as best you can before the room is vacated.

But wait....there's more......!

The show prices have been reviewed, check out the show flyer (now in PDF format) for multi cat discounts and special offers.

This is a great opportunity to plan ahead and budget for the 2010/2011 show season.