It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

She looks very calm and relaxed in her pen, such a good girl..

miki xx

Miki & My Beloved Bengals http://mybelovedbengals.blogspot.com/

Shiloh, Darcy, Rudy The Roodster & Ozzy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks Ren, I am going to kind of miss this thread but maybe others who are showing for the first time can get things from it too. And is the hall and rings like English shows?

Thanks to everyone who took the time to support us, hope I can do the same in future for others.

I took a long list of supplies for me and Sakura and the only thing I would not take again is the book.. I didn't have any time to read!!! And the thing I would have taken more of was money! There were soooo many cute things to buy. Oh yes and Rescue Remedy, Feliway and white vanilla!

My husband went from never wanting to go near a cat show and having no interest to really enjoying himself and kept saying.. next time this and next time that and I want to bring Apollo out I think he would do really well.

Apollo showing??? This I just have to see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Shantra wrote:
is the hall and rings like English shows?

It looks very much like the way TICA shows work here, with you taking the cat to each judge in their ring etc, & the way the finals work, having to look out to see if your pen number is up.

We also have GCCF shows here which are completely different, less interactive. The judges go round to each cat in it's pen rather than the cat being moved.

I've never heard of rescue rememdy in the ears??! I know it's handy but I've only ever known of a drop on the tongue or gums, or a few drops in the water bowl. The vanilla tip is good too, I've heard that before...& Feliway is always handy of course!

I'm glad to hear James enjoyed it! You'll both get the show bug now you'll see :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Shantra/Sakura

Im very pleased the show worked out so well - I said it would!

Anyway all the very best for the future - I also had a good look at the pics and Sakura is a very beautiful cat.

Cheers Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks Ian, it was fun, a little disturbed at Sakura's behaviour but I think I will have to follow advice keep her calm and open her up to lots of new experiences to build her confidence.

Ren I think James just loved the adrenalin rush, that will we final, have we finaled and what are we going to get? To an adrenalin junkie like him I think it was addictive LOL.

Also Ren.. what are your comments on the bath thing. Could it be Judges were thinking Shorthair Red Tabby so a Bengal coat felt greasy? One Judge said the stuff made her hair clump and he said Advantage by Matrix.. do you have any tips for the perfect coat for showing? We were told with work she could be placed a lot higher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:43 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am so glad you all had a good time. Well done Sakura, such a gorgeous girl!! I am sure when she gets used to it she will relax a bit more and have more fun too.

xxxxx

Tara, Jasper and Keeta :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:07 am 
Bengal Kitten

8) Sakura looks like a total star already! Congrats on your placing, and good luck for future shows

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm glad you and Sakura had a good time and she got placed in 3 finals, well done guys! :D And hubby got in to it too!
Make sure you tell us about the next show you go to :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:03 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Good job Saki and Shantra!!! :D :D :D

I'm glad all three of you had fun together. That is very important too! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm really not sure about the bathing, I only bathjed one of mine once for a show, a few days before to give time for the natural oils to settle. but even them I felt that her coat was better without the bathing & I've never done it again.
I just give a light groom (not too much or it will strip out their coat), just enough to lift loose hairs & then give a good wipe over with a chamois leather afterwards.
It could well be that they aren't used to the silkiness of a Bengal's coat though, in which case nothing will change that if they are expecting more fluffiness they aren't going to get it LOL!
Mind you, didn't you say one of the judges had also judged the only Bengal at the show that day too? So he should have known the feel.
I would say don't bathe her next time & see if the comments are different, then you can decide which is best :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6