It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Shantra wrote:
Hi Miki and thank you! We will be travelling as I only live 7 miles from the venue. For her first show I think that is a good thing. BTW my groomer kept looking at her front paws, then looking again, and at the end she lifted one of her feet and was flapping the skin up and down, she said.. 'OMG I thought this might be something I could trim off but it's skin! What a terrible mess, her toes are gone!' This from an American groomer. She said it definitely did not look like a professional job at all and yet.. Sakura is such a sweet and lovely little cat. I would like to think that maybe her mind has blanked out that dreadful trauma.

Aw, that makes me so sad, poor Saki, she is such a lovely girl, i hate to think of someone doing that to her... I am so happy she has you, and she adores you as much as you do her....
I imagine the current declawing thread has touched a nerve for you....
At least you know you will love and take care of Sakura for the rest of her life..... I hope Sakura has blanked out the terrible deed done to her...

miki xx

Miki & My Beloved Bengals http://mybelovedbengals.blogspot.com/

Shiloh, Darcy, Rudy The Roodster & Ozzy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am sure she is healed by your love and care now, both body and soul! We all here keep our thumbs up for you :D

Katja - Humble servant of Hannibal, Attila, Lara and Bertha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you all of you and sorry I missed you ginny. I have my case almost packed with everything for tomorrow and I took medicine to calm my stomach down today LOL. Okay.. now I will wait till tomorrow night to post again. See you on the other side of Day One hopefully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Aaahhh....I know how you feel Shantra! :?
You will be feeling SO sick in the morning, but just go and enjoy it!

I wish you loads of luck and will be waiting to hear from you when you get home...... :D

http://www.bengalbreedersunited.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm just seeing this thread! Good luck Shantra! I've been thinking about doing the same thing you are doing but at a TICA show. I've watched the Household Pets rings and they are very fun! :D

What an adventure you will have!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm just seeing this too so GOOD LUCK Shantra! I hope you have a really nice day and Sakura enjoys it as well. She is beautiful so I'm sure she will do well and everyone will love her. I also think her coat will look lovely against green. Can't wait to read the next update, I'm excited for you :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You'll be at the show now, I can't wait to hear how it's going...I hope you guys are enjoying yourselves! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:35 pm 
The Boss

bundles of bengals wrote:
You'll be at the show now, I can't wait to hear how it's going...I hope you guys are enjoying yourselves! :D

Remember how your first show felt Ren?

The trepidation and excitement of it....Shantra will be feeling all that today for sure. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

meemonkey wrote:

The trepidation and excitement of it....Shantra will be feeling all that today for sure. :D

Completely! I really feel for her...I totally understand the churning tummy feeling, not knowing what to expect, how things work, how the other exhibitors will be.
I had attended a few shows to get an idea before I took the plunge but Shantra is just diving in there, good for her!
I remember the feeling at the end of the day too, relief that it wasn't as scary as I'd thought, buzzing from the adrenalin rush & excitement of the day...Awww I'm really looking forward to hearing how everything went! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

meemonkey wrote:

Completely! I really feel for her...I totally understand the churning tummy feeling, not knowing what to expect, how things work, how the other exhibitors will be.
I had attended a few shows to get an idea before I took the plunge but Shantra is just diving in there, good for her!
I remember the feeling at the end of the day too, relief that it wasn't as scary as I'd thought, buzzing from the adrenalin rush & excitement of the day...Awww I'm really looking forward to hearing how everything went! :D

Crikey Ren..... I still get those feeings in my tummy now, even after having been to many shows! :roll: :lol:

http://www.bengalbreedersunited.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I just enjoy it these days, what will be will be & all that. Mind you if I were out regularly chasing titles I may feel different! :lol:
One day... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:06 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Wow gone one day and you are all chatting in my room without me LOL.

Sorry.. no pics but trust me there will be lots tomorrow. I left my batteries at the show and anyway I am exhausted. That was one very long day.

We got there a couple of minutes after 8 without incident, I felt totally calm, found my place and the nice Judge lady had already put my cage curtains up so all I had to do was unpack and furnish Sakura's little pad for the day. The curtains were green and white gingham, she had ivory carpeting and a folded soft green blanket for a bed. She looked utterly gorgeous.

But I know you don't really want to know about all that. When we went to the first ring which was for shorthair speciality my hands were shaking so bad I had trouble getting my camera out. Sakura did pretty well and was playful and she got her merit ribbon (she did in every class). Only the top 5 were finalists and Sakura was not amongst them.

On to the next ring and a class of 23 cats. At this ring Sakura was in a position that she could see her neighbor and she did NOT like him. She was hissing. Well actually Sakura hisses at everything anyway, even Apollo, it is just how she is.. being a diva and all. The woman whose cat that was got antsy and wanted him seperated from Sakura so she didn't upset him in every class after and she told me that was better than Saki hissing because they would mark her down for it. Yet again, no final.

In the next ring it was kind of weird, he didn't spend much time with her or really give her a chance I felt, and sure enough, yet again no final.

This was all very strange because Sakura was causing a BIG stir through the building. The crowds and there were TONS of spectators passing by her cage, every single one thought she was gorgeous, spectacular, fabulous markings and on and on and taking photos. So given all the attention and people wanting to know what she was and where they could get one maybe.. I could not understand why no final.

The seasoned commiserated with me and said they have times like that too and boy were they winning some ribbons in her classes! All our volunteers from the shelter stopped by and I got hugs and love from everyone and a lot of support. So it really helped.

And then came the last ring. Ring One. And it was here I had the biggest surprise of the day. Wonderful lady Judge with a great sense of humour I really liked. She brought Sakura to the table and to my shock said to the crowd...

This is an absolutely classical Red Tabby. (errr what??) I raise shorthair red tabbies and let me tell you she is beautiful (umm she sure is and if you think so lady it's ok), she has a classically just beautiful face, she has the bullseye (wince, the dreaded bullseye), the striking M, bands, rings, and she has THE most spectacular and beautiful markings and let me tell you they are hard to achieve (welll... on a tabby they might be), she has a beautiful ringed tail, she is gorgeous. You really shouldn't call her a Cinnamon, she really is a Red dear, may I change it? Oh absolutely!

WOW. So I have a Red Tabby now? Nope. There are spots on her belly.. no spots on tabby's. But who cares.. the Judge liked her. To my utter joy Saki finalled!!! A huge cheer went up from the crowd.. bless em. Saki got 10th place out of 23. When I went for the Judge to sign my rosette and a fellow competitor took that photo of us together with the award I asked her if she could give me any tips as we are new. I almost fell over when she said.. she needs a bath.

I explained she just had one so she sent me to see someone who does lots of shampoos, she and another competitor said maybe my groomer just didn't use the right thing. This guy wanted to see her and touch her before giving me a product and what HE chose for her was a product used by.. guess.... drum roll... other BENGAL people.

Boy this show stuff is exhausting, fun.. and just a mite confusing.

Sooo... tonight I bathed Sakura again and she HATED it. I just got through talking to Janet Saltzman to get reassurance she won't hate me forever.. but we figured as she shared my dinner and is right by me now she doesn't hate me.. thank god. We have also knocked around ideas to get her more comfortable with bathing.

So tomorrow I have an even cleaner Sakura and a new set of 4 Judges.. and unfortunately due to Time Zone stuff most of you will be in bed when I get home.. so Monday you will have all the photos you want.. pray we bring home more ribbons please. Saki likes ribbons.

Oh and in the morning first thing.. I am going to get her photo professionally taken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:06 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sounds like you had an exciting day. I'm sure my cats would all hate going to a show, except for Mikesch maybe. The others aren't too thrilled with being around strangers and/or being picked up and held for long. Good luck for tomorrow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:07 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sounds like you had a fun day Shantra and Sakura enjoyed herself. Congratulations on the final and the merits. Selina xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yay! Sakura is a show girl :D
That all sounds very similar to how a TICA show works.
Lovely that the last judge finalled her but she is not a red LOL! No matter what a lovely red she thought she was :lol:
That must have been nice to get support from the shelter people too & I know how wonderful that feeling is when the crowd cheers your cat! Such a boost!
Well done you & Saki & I hope today is even better! Can't wait for those piccies :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next