[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Saki the Beauty Queen - Day TWO - PHOTOS
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Miki & My Beloved Bengals http://mybelovedbengals.blogspot.com/

Shiloh, Darcy, Rudy The Roodster & Ozzy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

FIN*Alcarinqua

Katja - Humble servant of Hannibal, Attila, Lara and Bertha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sakura checking out her hotel room on arrival Day One.

She likes it.

The Judging Rings

More later.. falling asleep here!

The Show Hall

Saki's first time ever with Judge Paul Sandel

[/img]

Last edited by Shantra on Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:53 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

OK sorry about that, I had to go take a nap I was so exhausted!

Sakura did not place in this class.

On to Ring 2 which was her second attempt.

She did not place in this class either.

I don't know where the next Judge photo from Ring 3 is and I can't even remember who! But next is me with Judge Carol Jordan and Sakura in the last ring of the day.

On to today's photo shoots and the story next post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:39 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Today James decided to come with me! We got up at an unearthly hour on a Sunday and settled Sakura in, this is her with her ribbon from day one.

Little girl using her cell phone to take a photo of Sakura.

This is the only other Bengal in the building, I thought you would like to see a photo of him. He belongs to Entry Clerk Karly Chupna.

The Judge is Ricky Burthay.

Our first Judge of the day was Don Finger, Sakura did not place in this class.

In her second class of the day, absolute disaster struck. The cat next to Saki was going nuts, almost turning cartwheels in it's cage and it badly upset Sakura, she started hissing at the cat. Looking back I should have asked them to move her or him right then. When the Judge got to Sakura she was as mad as hell and when the Judge opened the door she went to attack him, he slammed the door shut and asked for Mom or Dad and before I could get up James got up to get her.. another mistake.. she attacked him too. So she never got judged in that ring and I was desperately upset, I assured everyone she never did that at home ever.

I followed James and Saki came straight to me, tucked her little head under my chin, put her legs around my neck and nursed on her Mommy for the next ten minutes.

I could have stopped then but I did not want her to end on a poor experience so we decided to try again in the 3rd one of the day Ring 3 with Ricky Burthay who had judged the Bengal you saw earlier.

But before then a lady whose cat was winning every HHP class came to me and offered to help, she took some Rescue Remedy back to Sakura's cage and rubbed some into both of her ears. Then we covered her cage and let her rest. This same wonderful woman said to come before we went to the ring and get some vanilla on her nose to disguise the smell of the other cats.

Here is Sakura waiting for Ricky Burthay.

Everyone around us remarked how very alert and intelligent she looks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:21 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Gosh I read what I just wrote.. I am SO bad. :oops:

Judge Ricky Burthay was wonderful with Sakura. He took no notice of her vocalism when he picked her up, he took her to the table and he said.. now everyone, don't take it personally if she hisses at you, she is just grumpy, you can see that by the position of her ears, she is not being aggressive. Oh Halleluia Ricky I love you! He soothed her and then gently put her back. And I really did not think we would final. At this point Sakura was grumbling at me. She was growling and making some pretty strong Jaguar noises that had people staring at her in wonder. You have to understand if something displeases Sakura she does this all the time, it is part of her vocal communication with me that says.. Mommy I am pissed off.

I took her back only to be told by one of our benching mates we were needed in Ring One for the last class of the day and to hurry. This ring was judged by lady Judge Lonnie Allitz. When she removed the cat in the cage next to Sakura she hissed, the Judge looked at her and said.. now you be good or I will get Mom to come and get you. She shut up. Again the Judges handling of her was awesome, gentle and soft. We took her back to rest (I would cover her cage with the skirt) and went back to watch.

James thought he saw Saki's number pulled for the final in that ring and we realised another final was happening before ours and we went back to Saki to find everyone returning from Ricky's ring because they had put the wrong numbers up. Then one of the guys came at a run and put a thumbs up and punched the air and said.. it is great news for YOU.. you are up! Saki had finalled with Ricky Burthay.

She got 10th place again, Ricky said.. 'this is an absolutely classical red tabby' oh my. 'She is absolutely beautiful, spectacular markings. So she is my 10th. Here is her award.

I took my grumbling little girl back and James got her rosette signed and he asked the Judge what would have got her placed higher.. guess.. go on.. yep.. a bath.. OFGS!! Then he tells us we need another kind of shampoo.

Then we were called to Ring One, sure enough Lonnie had finalled us too. Once again Sakura placed 10th. Lonnie said.. this is an absolutely classical beauty, she is a really gorgeous little female, she is a novice and a little scared but she is absolutely beautiful.

This time the Judge had us all get our own cats out one by one and tell the audience about them. I am not putting up the photo of the speech, I don't like either of them! But here is what I said.. in a shaky voice.

This is Sakura. She was 3 years old last week. She came from Great Lakes Bengal Rescue, I foster for them and I was her foster Mommy, we are her 3rd home in her life and I am so very proud of her, she is my heart. Lonnie said softly, she is a lucky girl, she is very well loved and cared for.

This time I handed her to James while I got the rosette signed and I asked Lonnie for tips. She told me to just get her out there, not just to shows but as many places as I could. She said one thing might be that she is afraid she is being taken somewhere and losing her home again.. oh god I feel choked.. and to get her used to going out and about and always coming home.

To my great shock James really enjoyed himself and kept talking about next time, next time, and said he will train Apollo so he can also go up.. oh good luck with that one buddy!

Three 10th out of 23 really isn't that bad for a grumpy little Bengal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:33 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Your girl did brilliantly at her first show. It is very hard to final when you are up against many different cats; 23 hhp's is a lot of competition.

Very, very well done Sakura.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:54 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Well done Saki :D :D

Katie xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Shell,
What a great story of a newbie to showing. CONGRATULATIONS on a very successful weekend!
Annie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Shantra, congratulations, you and Sakura did really well hun, she looks so pretty too....

miki xx

Miki & My Beloved Bengals http://mybelovedbengals.blogspot.com/

Shiloh, Darcy, Rudy The Roodster & Ozzy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sounds like you had a brilliant experience - congratulations on the 3 x 10th places. I think it's good advice by the judge to get her used to being taken out and always coming home again. Sounds like you'll definitely be going to a show again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next