It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:36 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

This past weekend I went along with Wendy Symmes of Wild Fire Bengals to the First in Flight Cat Show this past weekend in Raleigh, NC.

I had lots of fun! I tried to be helpful to Wendy and I learned lots about how shows work and what goes on behind the scenes. This was my very first Cat Show experience and I think it was cool to get to go with a breeder.

Here are some pictures...I took tons and I think it will take a day or so to sort them out. Wendy showed a Lynx Point girl named G.G. (Glitter Girl). And she brought three nearly 4 month old kittens because she was trying to orient one of them "Moose" to the Show environment. So we had 4 cats at the show. :D

Here is the star of the show, G.G. She really is as sweet as she looks.
G.G. was shy about winning her rosette!
And here are a couple of the terrors we brought with us! They were absolutely adorable. They really resembled Perkin in color, I thought of him the minute I saw them. I didn't get the greatest pictures of them because they were either in the cage at the show or racing around the hotel room.

The exibitors have a small amount of room to set up on long tables. Everyone brings cages--either the hard glassed in ones or the soft ones that collapse. Everyone decorates them like mad. There is even a prize for best decorated! When the cats are called into the various rings they are put in cages behind the judge. I have some pictures that show that.

The kitties had plenty of room but they slept most of the time anyway. The most discomfort came from how cold it was in the show hall. They couldn't get the temperature right! It was either too hot or cold. The Spinxes were shivering....

Here is another one of my friends' Bengals. His name is Steely Dan and he belongs to Sissy Alexander of Alexander Bengals. His sire is Bluewater Steely and his dam is Bluewater's Jade of Alexander. Steely Dan is one of my very favorite Bengals! If I were to ever get a Silver, I would want one of his progeny.
This is a link to his mother. http://alexanderbengals.com/jade.html I don't have a photo of Steely that I can post because I haven't ever taken a picture of him--but there is a pretty famous photo of him taken by Helmi on lots of cattery pages. Check out Meridian Bengals for a photo of him.

This is Missy Strayer's Woodland Divinci Jewel of my Heart "Jewel" of Woodland Bengals. She is a precious girlie who's pelt had a lovely apricot color. I was drawn to her right away. I wish I had more pictures of her but she moved really really fast!
She is listed on Missy's Queens page.
http://www.woodlandbengals.com/woodlandbengals/queens.html.html
We all had a fun time & I learned a lot! Hopefully next time my photo-taking will be better too... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:13 am 
The Boss

Great pictures Julie, Thanks for sharing! :wink:

Hope you enjoyed your day... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:15 am 
Congratulations. I like the glass door crates. You can see the cats better then the ones with bars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It was a great opportunity for me & hopefully I will get to go again. And maybe some day I will have a cat that I can show.

Wendy Symmes asked me if I ever thought of showing Ace & I said I'd never given it a thought. I don't think I would though. I have been very conscious of not stressing him out at all. He is so good natured and friendly though. But then again he has that crazy long tail! :P :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:29 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Fantastic pictures Julie, I loved looking at them! I'm sure Ace would do really well in shows, but obviously you know his temperament and character better than anyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think he would have fun too. He loves everyone that comes to the house and I have never seen him be anxious about anything. He is a calm kitty--very confident. We will see though. I can't imagine him being a "working" cat in any way shape or form...

I did try to "stretch" him when I got home from the show...he didn't squirm too much. He just looked around to see what was on top of the fridge.... :P :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

looks like you had fun julie, love the pics :D
now you have the show bug, you may just need a new kitty to take along with you to the next one :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

bundles of bengals wrote:
looks like you had fun julie, love the pics :D
now you have the show bug, you may just need a new kitty to take along with you to the next one :wink:

Hmmm! You may be right Ren! I am looking at Wendy's Snow kitties. I would like a retired breeder again! Isn't G.G. precious? I would LOVE a girl like her!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

she is beautiful! i'm sure if you told wendy you would like a future show baby she would happily oblige :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I made this video of the cat show...I am posting this for Linda to have a look at Steely Dan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfHDnIooZ-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He is stunning .....I can see why you love him Julie :D