It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:02 am 
seamuskitty wrote:

Congrats for getting yourself and the cats there and WINNING rossettes. I am in awe. :D And inspired!

I've got to go through this yet :D I'm hoping someone I know from here will be going to the same show though to help me :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:07 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

kimberley wrote:
I've got to go through this yet :D I'm hoping someone I know from here will be going to the same show though to help me :oops:

If possible, take one of the kids to be a pack horse. :lol: :lol: I saw that a lot at the weekend :lol: Plus they can go around handing out rossettes when results are out.
I'm sure you will meet new Bengal buddies who will be more than happy to offer help and advise. A few offered to help me pack up - but they had a long journey home and I was only 20 minutes away. Plus the car park queue was quite short to get out by the time I got there :lol:

Kato & Leon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:14 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

RachelJones wrote:
RachelJones wrote:
Also had a look at the next show and he is judging a lot of their side classes again so have send an email to see if I can move Leon for this one. Unfortunately the closing date is today so don't hold out much hope.

Good news.
They have let me move Leon - here's good luck to Leon in the pedigree pet section.

Good luck Leon :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:49 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

ohh how exciting! Just look at those shiny rosettes, hope they have pride of place now :D Well done you and your boys!
... we get dodgy judging in Dressage quite often too, you learn to let it go over your head but it can be so demoralising sometimes, especially after all the hard work you put in at home.

Best of luck for the next one! Im going to have to give it a go soon, sounds like fun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Poggio wrote:
ohh how exciting! Just look at those shiny rosettes, hope they have pride of place now

One has already been chewed :oops:

Kato & Leon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Lol :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:06 pm 
RachelJones wrote:
kimberley wrote:

If possible, take one of the kids to be a pack horse. :lol: :lol: I saw that a lot at the weekend :lol: Plus they can go around handing out rossettes when results are out.
I'm sure you will meet new Bengal buddies who will be more than happy to offer help and advise. A few offered to help me pack up - but they had a long journey home and I was only 20 minutes away. Plus the car park queue was quite short to get out by the time I got there :lol:

Thank you for that :D I'll be going by Train so won't get stuck in traffic :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Rachel - shame this was bit of a baptism by fire for you on your first show - good on you for carrying on! I am a bit like you - when I get angry I end up crying (drives me mad!!!) and hours later come up with all the good stuff I could have said :evil: Am sue u and the boys will do even better next time :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:23 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Tracy wrote:
Rachel - shame this was bit of a baptism by fire for you on your first show - good on you for carrying on! I am a bit like you - when I get angry I end up crying (drives me mad!!!) and hours later come up with all the good stuff I could have said :evil: Am sue u and the boys will do even better next time :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: you always think of the things you should have said after the event. Then you end up re-enacting the arguement with the extras "to see what might have happened". :lol: :lol:

I'll PM you closer to the time with my mobile number if you still intend on coming to the Gwynedd.

Kato & Leon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:55 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm so glad your experience hasn't put you off showing - it can be great fun but you always get the odd judge who just doesn't understand that bengals are superior beings :D We once heard a judge who was judging bengals at the time saying that she couldn't wait to get back to judging the 'proper' cats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

[ :lol: :lol: :lol: you always think of the things you should have said after the event. Then you end up re-enacting the arguement with the extras "to see what might have happened". :lol: :lol:

SOO true!! :roll:

I'll PM you closer to the time with my mobile number if you still intend on coming to the Gwynedd.[/quote]

Thanks - would really appreciate that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

This is what the judge had to say about Kato aka "Rat Bag"!!

A very angry boy who was very unhappy out of the pen. Overall conformation appears quite good but the dark cast to the coat spoils the rufus basecoat. Body of good length but needs to fill out a little. Head is broad but needs more strength to the muzzle, whisker pads present but not prominent. Bite not assessed. Mobile medium ears, large rounded eyes. Clear definition of spots despite the dark cast to the coat. Some glitter on the limbs and face a little ticking in the coat. Sadly the assessment was not a pleasure for the cat or my steward and myself.

Kato & Leon

Last edited by RachelJones on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

miserable git :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

just to clarify...i was referring to the judge! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm not being biased, but Kato is covered in glitter - so much more than Leon, Kato sparkles in the sunshine. :D

When the other judges upload their comments I will include those also. I'm waiting to see what the open judge says.

I won't know what anyone says about Leon (even though he won't be classed with the "normal" pedigrees now), as he only came third and you don't get a write up about them. I'm just curious of what they had to say, except for the locket.

Kato & Leon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next