It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:57 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

RachelJones wrote:

I am really pleased with my boys as it was their first time and were good considering. Shame the end of the day was marred by one judge seeking me out just to tell me not to waste my money on Leon and that Kato was a rat bag! :evil: needless to say he was the only judge not to place them!!

Upset me :cry: but didn't let him see. The way he said things were out of line. Thank goodness for my new Bengal buddies I found there. :D

Better luck next time.

Some judges hate Bengals - obviously due to their extreme beauty!

I'd say the judge was displaying classic signs of p***s envy & has fogotten that it's not always about winning but taking part and enjoying the day.

If people don't support cat shows, people like him will lose out as he won't have anything to judge except himself!

Just remember you took the best cats home with you win or lose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Congratulations to Leon and Kato on their brilliant results :D

If a judge said anything like that to me about my babies I'd probably have slapped his face - hard!! I'd definately lodge a complaint about him :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks guys, you have all made me laugh.

And Kimberley,
Quote:
Ignore the judge, he obvously isn't getting anything at home and has taken it out on you
If you'd seen him....... :lol: sorry :shock:

I'm considered saying something - he even asked if I was going to breed with him - he's in the NEUTER classes. I was just so mad. Wish I could think faster in my feet - I couldn't say anything back, when I'm angry I cry!! I hate that about me

Here are a couple of pics from the day.
Leon before I left before judging - he moved sorry

Kato didn't want his mum to go - bless

The rossettes - Kato is on the left, Leon right

Kato wasn't quite happy :roll:

Leon said - someone is picking on my mummy

The offending locket - the white patch on his chest

They are friends now

Thanks again for all your support - guess what - I love my babies, I brought the best ones home and you WILL see them both at the Gwynedd Cat Show, I don't care if Leon gets placed - he is still a star to me. :wink:

Kato & Leon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

At the end of the day your boys are both beautiful Rachel :D & we all take the best cats home so ner ner to that judge!! :wink:

I'm new to breeding myself & have heard people mention lockets but have no idea where they come from. I have asked in the breeding section to see how or why they come about.

I def agree with Kimberley on that judge too :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:32 pm 
Do you have to leave the hall then when they judge? I thought you could stay with the cats all the time :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

If you do decide to write and complain, put a copy of the photo of them with their rosettes in with the letter.

The judge may think he's simply giving you advice but there's a way of approaching people with constructive advice and a way of just trying to be a bully and show you've got some power - both ways say something about the individual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

How wonderful seeing them with their rosettes :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sadly, some judges do come over rather abrupt in conveying their thoughts, others are a delight.

Unfortunately, lockets (chest, stomach, groin usual places) are a withholding fault and cats that do have them should be sold as pet only, not for showing.

If you do have a pet quality bengal and want to show with GCCF, they have started a new group called Pedigree Pets and they are in competition against other pedigree pets for titles just the same as the "perfect" cats and the household pet section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:29 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

i didn't realise leon had a locket, in which case sue's advice is good. it is a withholding fault unfortunately but there's nothing to stop him competing in the pedigree pet section.
i'm still disgusted at the judge for his treatment of you though & totally agree with ginny's points, there's a way to go about things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:27 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sue/Ren,

Thanks so much for your advise - I had a look into this last night and it looks like Leon would be fine.

Sadly, the judge did not give me this option, just told me not to show him. I never had a problem with what he was saying, just the manner and the attitude he took.

Also had a look at the next show and he is judging a lot of their side classes again so have send an email to see if I can move Leon for this one. Unfortunately the closing date is today so don't hold out much hope.

He will be entered as a pedigree pet in the Chester show so fingers crossed.

Thanks again for everyones support - don't let this put you off from showing, it was a great day and just showed how much of a novice I was :oops:

Also I must not let this encouter deter from the fact that Kato got 2nd in his Open Class :D

Kato & Leon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:29 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

kimberley wrote:
Do you have to leave the hall then when they judge? I thought you could stay with the cats all the time :D

With the GCCF shows you have to leave the hall at 10 and not return until 12.30 - 1 - depends on the show. This is for them to judge the open classes privately. They will still be judging the side shows until about 3 - 3.30 and you can sometimes evesdrop on what they are saying. :wink:

TICA I believe is different as you have to take them to the different rings to be shown.

Kato & Leon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:49 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

RachelJones wrote:
Also had a look at the next show and he is judging a lot of their side classes again so have send an email to see if I can move Leon for this one. Unfortunately the closing date is today so don't hold out much hope.

Good news.
They have let me move Leon.

Apparently, I'm not the only one to have had problems - they judge is known to be quite opinionated.

Never mind - here's good luck to Leon in the pedigree pet section.

Kato & Leon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think some in the cat fancy have very decided opinions as to what is "right" and what is not.
Sometimes they forget that behind the cat is a human being with hopes and dreams and feelings.

Good luck Leon. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I just read this thread through with much interest. I have never even thought of showing a cat! (Do they have a class for huge gray Russian Blues? :lol: )

So Rachel--I admire you for doing it!

That is too bad that a judge was nasty. I think I would be a nervous wreck being there for the first time but I would have fallen on the floor if a judge was a jerk...(I was going to use another word that starts with "p" and ends with "k" but I won't :wink: )

I haven't even gone to see a cat show. I want to go! I have to get organized and go to the next one that is close enough for a day trip. :D

Congrats for getting yourself and the cats there and WINNING rossettes. I am in awe. :D And inspired!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:51 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

seamuskitty wrote:
Congrats for getting yourself and the cats there and WINNING rossettes. I am in awe. :D And inspired!

Shucks - thanks Julie :oops:
Trust me, if you'd seen me when I arrived you would have been laughing. I was so disorganised.
Even coming out, I was one of the last - they were taking pens down around me :lol:

Kato & Leon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next