[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - On Safari brag (just had to!)
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:19 pm 
Senior Bengal

Hi again!

I just had to brag about my girls' first show, On Safari 2004, which is about the toughest place for them to show!

The first day- Ria had a second best kitten and a best female kitten, and placed 10th overall in the bengal kitten congress out of more than 50 kitten entries! (Golden Girl decided it would be a great time to show how "big, scary, and mean" she was, and growled in such a fear-invoking manner as to have most of the judges choose not to handle her, and some probably penalized her for being "threatening"- though she never, ever caused any actual harm, she's got quite an attitude!)

The second and third day Ria received Best of Breed, a few best of colors, seventh best allbreed kitten, and second best shorthair kitten! She also competed in iCAT and had a great time on the course! Ria's a great showcat, she spent the entire weekend lying on her back in my friend's arms, tummy-up, purring! She wasn't stressed at all, in fact, she made sure that everyone in the show hall stopped to coo over how sweet she was being!

Golden Girl was quite the witch the whole weekend, but received the best award I can imagine, "Breeder's Choice Best Adult Female" which completely floored me, because the other Bengal Breeders voted for her! My friend basically had to tie a string to my foot to keep me close to the ground the whole weekend, because I know I was floating on cloud nine!

Sorry, just had to brag!! I'm so proud of my girls, and can't wait for the next On Safari, (hopefully I'll be showing their kittens next year... we'll see what happens)

Thanks!
Athena

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:19 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

WOW !!! Athena --
I'm TRULY impressed -- :D

I KNOW how tough the competition is, at On Safari -- CONGRATULATIONS !!!! I know you're STILL bursting at the seams on that one!!!

I have several friends who had their cats there -- and they didn't do nearly as well!
And these were some GREAT cats... Carol Effinger's "Heart Breaker" was there, and didn't fare as well. (I got two of my girls, from her.)

I'm absolutely pleased as punch for you!!!

LaVon
"fancidots"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:10 pm 
Senior Bengal

Actually, Eddie (ie. Sutera Heartbreaker) did really well with the breeder's choice awards, he got so many of them, that as they announced the winner in each category at the symposium, everyone there said a preemprive "Eddie!". It was my first time seeing him in person and his face just took my breath away!

Another one that did super well was Les' (junglebook) Cubby Coo... he did just as well as Eddie, but in the kitten category of the breeder's choice. It seemed that the judges were picking for big spots and the breeder's were picking for type... Eddie and Cubby Coo were both absolutely stunning, (I'm very partial to type) and the bengal breed was well represented at the show.

I took a friend with me who had previously thought me slightly weird for being so into cats... by the end of the first day she was asking how she could get started showing cats! The other breeders there were so friendly, helpful and congradulatory of each other. It was my first time meeting some of these people, but they instantly felt like friends.

The judges also commented on the quality of the cats there, all said that it was one of the hardest classes they'd ever judged... pretty good for 50+ bengals each in both the adult and kitten category! One judge explained her rating system... in her book she would put a check beside a really good cat's number, a plus next to a super cat's number, and a star next to a "WOW!!". She said she had 9 stars in the adult class alone!

Here's a couple pictures of Golden Girl, my breeder's choice girlie...

Thanks!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:28 pm 
The Real Boss

Hi

I just Couldn't resist from putting up this comparison. I LOVE the look of Golden Girl in pic 1...she looks so wild!

Golden Girl

ALC Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:03 pm 
I love that stalking pose, it does look so wild! Looks like she is just ready to pounce on a mouse! Great pics!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:08 pm 
Senior Bengal

Thanks!

She's my pride and joy. Her breeder (Robin Studeny, Bailiwick Bengals) is just as proud as I am, however, there were repeated mumblings of "I can't believe I actually sold you that cat" the whole weekend... but neither can I so we're even. (Gotta love Robin!)

I can't wait to see her kittens! Actually, I just can't wait to have little spotted fuzzballs in the house agin :rolleyes:

BTW, my website's been down for a while, and I finally have a new page up. It's not much yet, I have to search through a couple of broken computers to find all my files :( but it's something.<a href='http://www.athenscats.com' target='_blank'>My Webpage</a> you may have to push refresh.

Thanks again for letting me share!
Athena

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Athena,
Golden Girl is just too beautiful for words! No wonder she did so well at "On Safari" --

The reason I mentioned "Eddie" is because I met him, FIRST when he was only a few days old, with his little eyes barely open. So, naturally I have a special bond, with both Eddie, and Carol. I think it would be nice if Carol could get a little more contrast on those wonderful heads, and gorgeous white tummies -- and I'm sure she will be working on that. (grin)

But back to Golden Girl -- I keep looking back at the photos, and I am in AWE of what an amazing example of the breed that she truly IS. Her contrast is amazing, her body structure is to die for, and I'm sure she will throw some AMAZING kittens.

You'll have to keep us all posted on her, for sure !!!

Now you have me curious about "Cubby Coo"

It makes me realize that I have MUCH to learn. I will always LOVE Dagger -- and he is beautiful to me, (as is both of my girls from Carol, and Emma, as well) -- And, it makes me wonder what I think I'm doing, even showing Dagger... other than I do love to show him with his "look at me" personality :)

Thanks for sharing!
LaVon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:29 am 
The Real Boss

<!--QuoteBegin-fancidots+Nov 26 2004, 10:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fancidots @ Nov 26 2004, 10:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> it makes me wonder what I think I'm doing, even showing Dagger... other than I do love to show him with his "look at me" personality :)
[/quote]
The same as the rest of us...your just so PROUD of your beautiful little baby :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:29 pm 
Senior Bengal

I've seen your pictures of Dagger and he's a beautiful cat. Don't ever stop showing him! It's really good to get more bengals in the ring that not only look beautiful, but have nice personalities. He seems to have done really well in the ring, too...

On Safari was the first time I saw Eddie in person... I'd seen pictures, (which do not do him justice!) I was just casually walking down the benching aisle when I happened to see a wild cat looking out of it's cage... of course that was Eddie (knew it had to be him from all that I'd heard) and stopped and stared! He's fantastic. I love what she's done with whited tummies and type!

Junglebook Cubby Coo of Rajah Singh (quite a mouthful of a name!) is also quite wild looking, his facial markings are outstanding! He's got nice horizontal pitch black splotchie spots... and he's just adorable! My friend Robin (Golden Girl's breeder) does alot of work with Les so I can't wait to see (and get my hands on!) a Cubby Coo kid. :D

I'll definetly be keeping you all posted on G.G., and my little Ria too. (Breeding Ria to G.G.'s daddy)

Thanks for all the wonderful compliments!!!

Athena