It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:31 pm 
Bengal Kitten

My 2 Begals love cooked chicken (no spices or added salt), which I make by roasting "chicken tenders" covered at 350oF for one hour. Once cooled I shred the meat with food processor and seal meal-sized ampunts in vacuum (FoodSaver) bags. The servings are easy to thaw and as stated our Bengals love it. My question is how often should they be fed pure chicken versus canned foods (Royal Canin, Applaws, etc.)?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Pure chicken isn't a balanced meal, so honestly I would just use this as a treat.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum. The chicken you are preparing has no calcium or taurine which your cat requires. Cooked chicken should, as pointed out above, be used as a treat. Many feed a raw diet to their bengals. You can purchase feline supplements at your pet store or online through a pet store. If you are also feeding your cat manufactured cat food, those are usually balanced with the nutrients your cat requires. The chicken tenders should not be your baby's main source of food. Think of it as more of a snack.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:37 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Spanky is 19 and he woofed down 4 plates of chicken today, dry kitten chow, Reddiwhip for his treat and water from a) circulating water dish, b) faucet and c) water in their fish tank out on the patio. He also had his 25 minute walk this afternoon. The one year olds, Kayley and Bailey have very different eating patterns: Bailey eats EVERYTHING while Kayley loves HER dry food and prefers dried out Meow Mix tuna over it being fresh but randomly she eats it fresh. She has rejected 10 brands of wet food.

ptolemy and the Bengal 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It is amazing how different cats are when it comes to nutrition. I have the same problem with my two. One will scarf down something, the other turns his nose up. I think I have finally hit on what they both will eat, but it is expensive.