[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Lilith is vomiting-Help please
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:05 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Lilith has been vomiting since a while now. I would say every second day i find vomit on the floor. Its usually clear gallbladder liquid i think. She has now started to meow very different and once i hear it i know she is going to throw up. We changed the food quite a while ago and it never seemed to ne a problem. No diarrhea. She is fit and jumping around like usual. Why is she throwing up??
I went to a pet store and they told me to use cat grass and a malt paste. She wont even smell on the malt paste and the cat grass still has to grow.
Does anybody have any advice? Should I take her to the vet or is there another way to find out why she throws up.
Food: Morning: 100gramms Animonda Carny Kitten. There is always dry food in a bowl= Royal Canin Kitten sterilized. Evening 100gramms Animonda Carny Kitten. Snacks: Cosma Snacks 100%pure dry freezed meat. (chicken/beef/Tuna) I had a pack of Duck and liver but she tended to throw up more after those. I don't give them everyday. Sometimes they get treat sticks.
I just don't know what to do because Phaedra doesn't have a problem at all. But Liliths tummy seems to be super sensible. Please any advice or tips will be appreciated!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:14 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I would take her to the vets definitely, just to rule out other health issues. Claire who has hendrix and jagger has had lots of experience with hendrix having a sensitive tummy. I think her vet has said dry food only for hendrix?

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:23 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks for the reply! I think I will phone the vet right away!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:39 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I just called the vet and I can bring her today. I hope they find out what's going on! I will write an update after the visit!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:06 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi

Yes Hendrix has a sensitive tummy but he gets diarrhoea as opposed to being sick. both of them throw up now and again, usually when they've been eating grass and it is generally clear fluid with it. Jagger throws up if he eats his dry food to quickly as well - he'll have a drink afterwards and I think it swells up in his tummy and then he's sick!

Sounds like a change for your little girl though, so I also think straight to the vet!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:22 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Quasar will vomit food if he has not eaten for 10 or 12 hours. He will also vomit clear liquid/bile when he pukes up a (dog) hair ball. He has a bad habit of licking up wads of dog hair, when he finds them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:41 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Is this a young cat or kitten? I would definitely bring her to the vet. My cats are only a year and a half old and have never thrown up. That usually happens when a cat has fur balls or illness.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Let us know how she gets on at the vets.

Muskey went through a spate of vomiting recently, lost weight very quickly (he is quite old though) and suddenly developed awful congestion.

He was given a course of antibiotics and has made a miraculous recovery and is also no longer being sick now.

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Cats do vomit occasionally. Raiden does usually after eating grass from the outside. If a cat is vomiting regularly, then you must take them to the vet to rule out a medical issue. Hopefully, the vet will find something. It's possible there's some bad bacteria in the digestive system. The vet may recommend a type of food that is more gentle on the digestive system. It's obviously not something that is contagious or your other one would have the same problem. Let us know what the vet tells you. And hope Lilith feels better really soon. It hurts a cat to vomit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:18 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks for all of the replies! We took her to the vet yesterday and they said she might be producing too much stomach acid and that could cause the vomiting. She got an injection to reduce the stomache acid. They also told us not to let them eat next to eatchother because she might be gulping the food down to stay in time with Phaedra. Now we are feeding her away from her sister and my eyes almost popped out because when Phaedra was done Lili had already stopped and left quite abit in the bowl.
Glad its nothing too serious,we must just keep an eye on her...and hope no more vomiting! They are around 6months now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:53 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Glad it's nothing major! We have sure feeders now and it's made a massive difference to Jagger. He actually eats little and often whereas he was eating as much as possible as quickly as possible as otherwise Hendrix was eating his food! I honestly didn't realise how bad the issue was until I got the feeders. So now they can only access their own food, it is kept fresh with the lids and hendrix's is always eaten long before Jagger's.

Having said that, jagger went straight out and ate grass this morning and promptly threw it up all over the kitchen floor, but he isn't regurgitating food he has eaten too quickly as often.

As far as I can tell, hendrix's tummy is better as well now he can't over eat or nick Jagger's dry food. Makes life easier for me too as i was always trying to make sure one of them wasn't eating all of the others food and I can just leave them to it now. They are expensive but for multi cat households they have been worth every penny in our house!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hello Clare just wanted to say I absolutely love the names Hendrix and Jagger!!!
Does Hendrix also get wet food or is he only on dry food? I also wanted to ask about the feeding machine..do you have two of them or how does it work with two cats?
I went to a pet store last week and mentioned the vomiting to the lady who works there. She sold us a box of cat grass and a malt paste. Lilith wont even smell the malt paste,she also doesn't take the vitamin paste..Phaedra and Tiger LOVE the paste.
Now my question is,my two girls can only go out on a leash..too many danger factors outside. Does anybody else use cat grass indoors? Does it just help them to throw up fur or is it just going to be fun for them to push/scratch and make a huge mess?

Ps Lili has not thrown up since yesterday..hope it stays this way. Otherwise she would have to get an injection every now and then for the stomach acid??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yes Hendrix also gets wet food. The feeders come with two grey trays and mats, one is a split tray so you can put wet one side and dry the other. I am sad so ordered different colours so it is easy to differentiate between them and you know who you are feeding! I now have blue and green and matching mats.

FullSizeRender (486x640).jpg

You may find it was a case of Lilith trying to get her share before Phaedra, Jagger eats much slower now he knows his food is safe and eats noticeably less than Hendrix. Before the feeders I started to limit how much dry I put down for him in one go as it was always after he scoffed dry too fast first thing in the morning that he was sick. So I made sure he wasn't overfilling his tummy before giving him any more!

Whilst both my two like to eat grass, they get it from our garden so I've never grown cat grass. I've also never noticed any hair balls, just clear liquid/bile when they bring it back up but my belief is that this is the reason they eat it.

I hope Lilith continues to feel better!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You can buy and grow your own cat grass. I don't know that it's an important part of a cat's diet and something they HAVE to have. Raiden just likes munching on some grass sometimes. I'm happy Lilith is doing better and hasn't vomited! I really do not know how a vet can diagnose stomach acid! A cat can't tell you that it has it. I don't even think a regular doctor could tell a human they had it without the patient giving them the symptoms. Regardless, what matters is that she has not thrown up since then and is eating fine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I got a box of cat grass and grew it for my kittens last Christmas. All cats seem to love that stuff. Every sunday when I put my lunch salad together for the week, Grace and Blondie sit at my feet and beg for arugula and kale. I guess they get their greens that way. When they were babies, Grace used to growl at Blondie so she didn't take more than her share.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.