[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - WET Food How much do you pay a month??
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

In my experience, once a cat gets a taste for cheap supermarket cat food brands or tuna fish, it is hard to get them to eat a food that is actually good for them. They don't care about nutrician, they want what tastes yummy. Salty, fishy Mercury laden tuna, yummmm. Fancy Feast junk food in a can, yummmm. Just don't let them ever try that stuff and they will be none the wiser.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I don't know that I picked up any of the Canagan food. Maybe I was having problems finding chicken and turkey. Raiden does not like seafood at all! I had always had my cats on regular grocery store cat food and Raiden's owner told me he only got Friskies dry cat food. After joining the forum here and reading posts, every time I was in the pet store, I looked for better food and picked up a few cans to try and it was crazy! I fed most of it to the raccoons. Now I just put a little in a bowl for him to try. So far, so good! Ironically, there are varieties of duck, venison, lamb, rabbit, etc. I don't know that Raiden would eat any of that. I did pick something up that had quail in it. We'll see how that goes. Raiden grazes -- he eats throughout the day. I now take the bowl of food up and put it in the refrigerator, so he comes to me when he wants to eat. I'm not going to "waste" this food. Unfortunately, he's eating less than normal.

If I could, I would live on Cheetos!!! My junk food downfall. I have to purchase them in individual portion bags or I will eat an entire Family-size bag in three sittings!!! Thankfully, Raiden does not even want a taste and my husband doesn't care for them either -- because I refuse to share! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:50 pm 
Senior Bengal

I don't even like to THINK about what I pay for food, but here I go......They eat Tiki cat....a can each a day for 2 cats. That's $6.18 just on Tiki. Then they split a pouch of Weruva at night...that's $1.49 on Weruva. Then, they get about a cup a day (combined) of Orijen, which is $30 for a 5 lb. bag, so it's about $1.00 a cup. Let's see........$8.67 a day, times 30 days in a month.... comes to a whopping $260 a month to feed my two cats. Now I'm depressed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I feed Blue Buffalo Freedom Indoor dry kitten food, which is about $20/ 5 lb bag. I still have 1/2 of the original bag I purchased, as Suri picks at it throughout the day. I also feed both Evangers 100% rabbit wet food, and Blue Buffalo Freedom Indoor wet food. The Evangers comes in 13oz cans, 12 cans per case for $32. The Blue Buffalo comes in 3oz cans, 24 per case for $25. Suri is fed wet foods 3x a day. A case last over a month, so thats good. I order everything off chewy.com. Great prices, super fast shipping and top notch customer service.

I dont tell my hubby what I spend on Suri. Its safer that way. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Deputy, if you think it's bad with one cat, wait until you get your second one! Everything doubles!!! LOL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'd feed Muskey the best but he won't eat it. Tried all the quality food such as Animonda Carney etc and he just turns his nose up at it. He has Sheba fine flakes and won't touch anything else.

He has white fish twice a week and when we have a roast beef or chicken there's always plenty left over which I grind and keep stored in the fridge for him. So he has plenty of variety.

As he's quite elderly I don't want to muck about with his food too much now.

I'd say I spend about £16 a month on cat food possibly a little more. He won't eat 'treats' such as dreamies etc not interested.

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:46 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Okay I am going to give it a try and ask a question here instead of opening a new topic.
So the girls were always eating Animonda Carny. Our other cat wont eat it,she only likes the cat junk food. We got her over a year ago because she was homeless. No idea what she was eating before. Anyway so I decided to get her Schmusy wet food that has abit of rice in it and the other has abit of pasta in it. Now here is my problem: Silly me thought that our girls might want a pack of schmusy instead of the animonda carny..my thinking was that they would like to eat something different. But now they wont eat Animonda carny anymore. They will only eat like a quarter to half of it. But its now the SAME with Schmusy..they wont eat it all. They are both healthy and eat alot of dry food. I am just not sure what to do about the wet food?? Any advice?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Cats are picky eaters, that's for sure. Raiden is the same way. He'll LOVE a certain food but after a while will turn his nose up at it. So I try something else and go back to the other food after a few weeks. I think, like humans, they enjoy a variety of foods. I don't think I'd like to eat the same thing every day, unless it is chocolate, cheetos, or licorice! All crappy foods for humans!!! But, seriously .... my meals vary from chicken, pork, seafood and turkey. It could be the same for your kitties. My problem is tossing away the food that is left in the bowl, although I do have the b/w cat that will eat pretty much anything.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:06 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I was told by a friend yesterday,that its good if they eat more dry food then wet food. She said its better for their teeth. Oh Sherry,try living in Switzerland and not eat chocolate everyday...its so hard but my husband actually eats chocolate about 6 days a week lol :biggrin: I know, we also eat something else everyday thats why i thought it must be boring for tge cats to eat the same everyday. I also dont like throwing the food away if they left it. I must also start getting adult food,they will turn one on March the 17.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have dark chocolate every single day. Yummy!!! I'm sure you can continue to feed kitten food until you've used it up! I hate to throw out the food, too, and now if Raiden turns his nose up at something, I feed it to the outside cat who pretty much loves everything. I am constantly putting a little bit down the garbage disposal. Neither cat licks their bowl clean.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:19 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I ordered Felix "as good as it looks" and they cleaned their bowls out and even tried to get the empzy packets for sauce! I will try find out today if it is a good product to feed. Just happy that they enjoyed it so much!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It's ridiculous. My math is broken, but the cans of Solistic are about $1.79 each and the packets are $1.29 each. They get a can and a packet or two packets and an extra an hour later every morning and evening. So it's around $6.50ish a day, depending on sales. Times 30. It's a lot. Plus, they eat a $23 bag of Blue Freedom every three weeks or so. So that's about $215 a month in food bills? Don't tell my husband. Luckily, PetCo has a lot of sales and I get $5 off for every 100 points to or dollars and with a $20 bag of litter every two weeks, it adds up fast and I basically get three pouches free. I'm trying to cut them back... It's not working.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Debbie