It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:19 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. My Bengal Cyrus has been shedding excessively for some time now. It has been getting very hot and humid but I cannot keep up with the shedding. He is three years old and I am currently feeding him Royal Canin Indoor Adult 27 dry food. I am wondering if maybe I should be feeding him different food?

I just purchased Taste of the Wild Rocky Mountain dry food and I am going to try that but I had previously tried Blue Wilderness dry cat food and ended up bringing him to the vet because of vomiting and diarrhea so I am worried about feeding him grain free food again.

Has anyone else had shedding issues while feeding their Bengal Royal Canin dry food? Any other recommendations?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:38 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Not sure the food is causing the shedding. It depends on the temperature range in your area. My Raiden gets a heavy winter coat and sheds it in the spring time. He seems to shed a LOT once the temperature starts to rise. I use my fingers and a comb to keep it under control, but there's a lot of hair flying around. I'm sure it's perfectly normal for your kitty.