[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Is it ok to keep 1 year olds on Royal Canin Kitten wet food?
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:44 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

My two are not at all obsessed with food, just see it as fuel then get on with their day. I kept them on the food the breeder used - RC Kitten dry and wet, with the occasional Fancy Feast wet food and once a week chicken necks. Then when they turned 1 year old, last month, I have tried to take them off kitten food. I have found one RC dry they like (third time lucky). As to RC wet pouches, I have tried all the adult ones (Digest Sensitive, Intense Beauty etc) and they will absolutely not eat any of them. I put it down for breakfast, they eat only a couple of biscuits and by 4pm they are yelling, letting me know they are hungry but will not eat that stuff.

As well as the RC Exigient Dry, they will deign to eat one only type of Hills Science and two types of Fancy Feast. Now they seem to be getting sick of it. I have tried them on all sorts of raw food - chicken, hearts, kangaroo, but no luck.

Would it be ok to return to their routine of 1 RC kitten pouch each for breakfast? Then I can swap the three other types as their second meal of the day.

There doesn't seem very much difference in the ingredients. They have never had runny or melly poo either. I'd appreciate any advice.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:38 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I don't see why not. You could also try mixing in the kitten food with another type to see if you can get them eating other flavors more easily.