It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Chicken addict
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:13 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hello

We've had our bengal for nearly a year now. He was eating Natures Menu wet food and James Wellbeloved dry food happily.

He's had tummy problems since we got him, and the vet did a PCR and blood tests which all came back negative. The vet thought he may have cystic worms so put him on a course of Panacur which didn't help.

We then started food trials. He was put on only RC Hypoallerngenic which made things A LOT worse oddly enough. The vet suggested just a chicken diet for a while to see if that firmed his stools up. We had no tummy problems whilst he was eating chicken but decided to reintroduce wet food too to give him a complete diet.

He now won't touch wet food! He only wants chicken. We have tried different brands (Whiskas, JWB, Natures Menu, Almo Nature, Wainwrights, Supermarket own brands, some crazy foreign stuff from Zooplus) and he will eat it for about a day and then won't ever touch it again.

All he wants is chicken and dry food - which would be fine if he could digest dry food poor thing :-(

Any suggestions?!

The photo is him waiting on top of the fridge for the chicken that never seems to appear anymore :rolleyes: :smile:

Thank you

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Chicken addict
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:38 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi becca1

Have you tried Royal Canin Sensible dry food - specifically for sensitive tummies and easier to digest? One of my boys also had problems until I tried him on this and fortunately he loves it and his stools are normal now. Re wet foods, have you tried Purely from Pets At Home? I see you have tried Wainwrights which we used to feed our boys, but they went off it a bit so then we found Purely which is currently their favourite. They do a box of chicken flavours, chicken, chicken with liver and chicken with beef and its a big hit in our household and with a good meat content too. I also feed them James Wellbeloved to keep a bit of variety in their diet.

Could be worth a try! Let us know how you get on.

All the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:33 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi Tabitha,

Thank you!

We bought him some Purely. I was dubious as it looked a little like Wainwrights but so far, so good! Nearly clean bowl every time. So thank you very much :o) He even purred whilst eating this morning!

Many thanks
Bec & recovering chicken addict x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Bec

That's great news! I know what you mean, it does look just like Wainwrights and I was dubious as well. I'm really glad your boy is enjoying it and long may it continue!

Tabitha x