[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Fussie Cat Food - What do you think?
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:47 pm 
Bengal Cat

I have been feeding my boy Wellness canned food and he peed outside his box after 3 months
of using the litter boxes perfectly.
I brought him to my vet and he told me to make sure the ash content on his food is 2.5 or less. Fussie Cat Food is 1.2% and the food looks like real shredded chicken
and my cat loved it.
My vet recommended raw meat which I do for the evening feeding but I still want him still to eat some high
quality canned food in case I don't have raw available.

After about 4 days of raw and lower ash content canned food, Alfie started using the box again and seems he is back to normal.
He only peed once in the corner but tried many times to go back there to pee. I luckily caught him and redirected him to the litter box.
Basically, I stuck my arms in the corner and blocked the corner so he ran by himself to his box.

I was thinking about changing his canned food to Fussie Cat. The ash content is much lower than Wellness.
Do you think this looks like a good food? It is so hard to know what food is the best. I thought Wellness was
one of the best foods I could get.

Here are the ingredients:

Quality Ingredients (Grain Free)
Boneless Chicken, Water Sufficient For Processing, Carrot, Potato, Tapioca Starch, Green Pea, Sunflower Seed Oil, Tricalcium Phosphate, Locust Bean Gum, Calcium Lactate, Chicken Broth, Salt, Fructooligosaccharide, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement , Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1), Nicotinic Acid (Source of Vitamin B3), Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (Source of Vitamin B2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein..........11.0% (min)
Crude Fat..................1.5% (min)
Crude Fat.................2.5% (max)
Crude Fiber...............0.1% (min)
Moisture.................85.0% (max)
Ash...................................1.2% (max)
Calcium............................0.15% (min)
Magnesium......................0.03% (max)
Taurine.............................0.05% (min)
Omega-6 Fatty Acids*........0.1% (min)

*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by
the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.

Fussie Cat Premium Chicken & Vegetables Formula in Gravy is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages.

Calorie Content
Metabolizable Energy (calculated)
600 kcals Per kg, 48 kcals Per Can