It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Raw feeding
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Higham Adie wrote:
Thanks for this.

We are picking our new Bengal boys up on Monday and will try to change to raw as soon as they are settled.
This info is invaluable.

Here is a pic of our (soon to be) raw fed boys...

I bet I have their sister with me !!
They look almost exactly like my baby girl, dates match as well )) !
They are beautifull indeed, our girl is very precious as well !!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Where did you get yours from Laurel?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Higham Adie wrote:
Where did you get yours from Laurel?

our girl came from northampton area, is she their sister??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ours too (Wild Skies)

I bet she is.

The breeder said she split 2 boys and 1 girl from the main litter; I am guessing she is the one.
The boys are great, how is your girl getting on?

Would love to see some pics.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Higham Adie wrote:
Ours too (Wild Skies)

I bet she is.

The breeder said she split 2 boys and 1 girl from the main litter; I am guessing she is the one.

Could you please start another thread this is a sticky on feeding raw lets keep it on topic.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

viperkeeper wrote:
Higham Adie wrote:
Ours too (Wild Skies)

I bet she is.

Could you please start another thread this is a sticky on feeding raw lets keep it on topic.

so sorry! I just got too excited when I saw some family relatives here ))
we will stop now .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Well...you have converted me to raw feeding! My boys go NUTS for raw meat and then (as they are kittens) with fully bellies fall alseep for a few hours to wake and give me lots of love. I have noticed that they don't eat anywhere near the same amount as they did (what is it you Americans call it? Kibble?) of dry food...noticeably though is that despite having the Sputnik of all litter trays, there is absolutely zero smell (for longer - I say this because my Sputnik eradicates on a permanent basis so I don't know what it would be like with a normal litter tray). MOST NOTICABLE is that one of my kittens can do some fairly evil "trumps" that are silent and would take out a square mile!!! :lol: :roll: Since raw feed this has stopped. 8) Thanks YET AGAIN to Viperkeeper and other fantastic people who know their stuff! :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:56 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

viperkeeper wrote:
Higham Adie wrote:
Ours too (Wild Skies)

I bet she is.

Smacked :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Higham Adie wrote:
viperkeeper wrote:
Higham Adie wrote:
Ours too (Wild Skies)

I bet she is.

Smacked :lol:

Thanks for your help by the way! Regarding raw feeding Viperkeeper! :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

minx wrote:

So glad to help :mrgreen: I often refer people to this thread who are interested in raw feeding luckily the thread remains open to new posts and further discussion on RAW feeding. I think its great that people come back to tell the difference it has made in health, smell, your wallet and overall happyness.

So just reminding people that switch to come back and share your stories, I'm sure there all a success :P It will encourage potential newcomers to switch and help them understand what to expect.

Thanks to Suki for starting this thread!!!!
Without this information would be scattered and lost.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

viperkeeper wrote:
minx wrote:

So glad to help :mrgreen: I often refer people to this thread who are interested in raw feeding luckily the thread remains open to new posts and further discussion on RAW feeding. I think its great that people come back to tell the difference it has made in health, smell, your wallet and overall happyness.

So just reminding people that switch to come back and share your stories, I'm sure there all a success :P It will encourage potential newcomers to switch and help them understand what to expect.

Thanks to Suki for starting this thread!!!!
Without this information would be scattered and lost.

Its been great....they still have their tuna which unfortunately I can't get out of as they love it so much, but I limit it now. They have so far sampled chicken, pork, beef and seabass and you are right...they eat far less of it and my boys then get very sleepy and fall flat on their contented fat tummies!! :lol: I am almost out of that dry food SACK that I bought....they eat 3 to 4 times as much of that and hardly any raw meat in comparison. So yes, easier on the pocket too. Thank you for showing me the light! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Highman Adie....thank you for your advice on your experience with that UK raw feed company too. Very helpful! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

minx wrote:
Its been great....they still have their tuna which unfortunately I can't get out of as they love it so much, but I limit it now.

Same here he's addicted. So parents talk to your kids about drugs! Seriously its the same thing! They never lose the taste for it, like "chasing the dragon" I use less and less but can't quit it.
So try to switch without the tuna its the easy way over. Maybe one day.....he does like a whole quail and baby chickens.... I don't think that has tuna in it :roll: Probably some conspiracy and that's what quails eat :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:02 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

viperkeeper wrote:
minx wrote:
Its been great....they still have their tuna which unfortunately I can't get out of as they love it so much, but I limit it now.

Same here he's addicted. So parents talk to your kids about drugs! Seriously its the same thing! They never lose the taste for it, like "chasing the dragon" I use less and less but can't quit it.
So try to switch without the tuna its the easy way over. Maybe one day.....he does like a whole quail and baby chickens.... I don't think that has tuna in it :roll: Probably some conspiracy and that's what quails eat :lol:

:lol: :lol: That's probably what they call "waayyy too much inforrmation" Viperkeeper!! :lol: :lol:

Yep, I'm trying it gradually...and it does seems to be working, they seem to trust me when I say they can eat it and I don't have to pepper with kibble. Mostly they enjoy it, but were suspicious of the beef for some reason. I did try to get some fresh tuna from the supermarket (lower salt content) but they'd been out for a few days. We'll get there. Quail is an unusual delicacy! I used to keep them - bizarre creatures that go "boink" for no apparent - straight up - had to have foam on the roof so that they didn't injure themselves. :roll: Excremented like you wouldn't believe...but did lay amazing eggs. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:26 am 
Bengal Kitten

This might be an incredibly stupid question but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. The recipes everyone's posting for raw food... Is it simply a matter of cutting all the listed meat up into small chunks and mixing? I know some people use a grinder for the bones but I'm just starting out do I'd rather give the bones a miss until I'm more confident. Also I can't seem to find a reputable raw food premade company in Australia. So cut and mix? Or....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next