It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:29 pm 
The Boss

:lol: I wondered where she'd gone to! (Black Bengal) :lol:

Its made my day to see her again on Belladonna's site.....I think theres a pic already on this site somewhere of her.

She was bred by two very good friends of ours......there was a boy and a girl, different litters I think. She was a real little cutie as kitten, a proper little purring machine.....totally black with really faint spots just visable in her undercoat! (hope she still has them :wink: )

I've seen lots and lots of bengals of all different colours.....even a ginger one (strange but true).....but I never thought I'd see a totally black one.....nevermind two at the same time! :shock:

on another note-

We also lost our first bengal, same story as yours (small ads) but he was nearly 5 when he suddenly passed away.....Theres so many pitfalls buying from the local papers etc!

Our boy didn't even come with his jabs.....the breeder told us that she believed in homeopathic remedies.....utter rubbish and we swallowed it!

Reputable breeders often get labelled greedy by some people......if only they knew all costs involved in producing and raising a healthy litter to 13 weeks....stud fees, vet bills, food, litter, kitten packs etc etc

Backyard breeders using unregistered queens/studs and not giving kittens any jabs at all will be able to sell cheap kittens.....thats it "cheap kittens" and they won't care about who takes the kitten or its future welfare.

They won't even pay for advertisments nevermind websites!

Sounds bad, but you get what you pay for!

Sounds like you both have chosen your breeders well, and they have also chosen you both out of no doubt many enquiries for that particular litter. (vetting works both ways for breeders and prospective owners alike)

p.s "Breeders support".....worth its weight in gold! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi to all,
we got Tia, from a lovely breeder in Dover, Kent, Tediths Bengals, Diego
is coming from them too.
regards
Nikki :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:57 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I was re-reading this thread, and noticed in my first post in this thread, I did not yet HAVE my F1 Bengal boy - Cocoaspride Mr Zenith of Fancidots (grin)

I have spent the past several years drooling over Bengal sites -- and when I lost my big orange and white tabby rescue, Sasquatch -- Alan Brown wrote me a very nice e-mail, and told me that Colette Griffiths of Cocoaspride had a wonderful little F1 boy, and she was searching for the "perfect" home for him. Alan even sent photos of the little guy.

Needless to say, the moment I saw his face - I was HOOKED !!!

I flew from Alabama to Washington state (yes, across the US) to pick him up, after several telephone conversations with both Alan and Colette --
And -- Alan was right -- he was the PERFECT addition to our "family" and I have not for one second regretted the choice. Both Colette and Alan said that Zenith needed to be in a home with other cats, (feline playmates) and that he LOVES his "human" -- Man, were they ever the masters of UNDERSTATEMENT, on that :D

Colette breeds ALC's and EG Bengals (as well as some other small exotics, and does simply the MOST wonderful job socializing the kittens. I have a friend who has a cattery, now, and she purchased an ALC from Colette, as well. She is just as pleased with her ALC as I am, with Mr Zenith.

I think that speaks VOLUMES, for Colette's skills.

She doesn't have very many litters a year, and usually has a waiting list for her cats. I think she is wonderful. She has been very supportive, always willing to talk with me and give me advice on ANY subject.

She (as well as Sandra and Carol) is someone I would not hesitate to do business with, again.

LaVon
and the
Fancidots Felines
http://fancidots.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:36 pm 
The Boss

Aww.....so nice to hear his name again LaVon!

Sasquatch was and still is a much treasured friend of this forum.....I'm sure he is still very sorely missed by many of his/your human friends all across the world! :cry:

sorry for changing the subject here guys.....but the Sasquatch boy needed a "heads-up". :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:09 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks, meemonkey, for the "heads up" mention of Sasquatch. He was such a wonderful friend to me, loyal and loving. All of my friends were amazed that such a big and beautiful boy was not purebred.

There is not a day that goes by, that I do not think of him, and still miss him. Sometimes when one of my Bengals is being particularly naughty, I think to myself, "If Sasquatch were here, he would put that baby in check"

He was the "Grandpa" to all of my current cats (except Zenith)... and absolutely LOVED the babies, as they were brought into our home. He was sometimes STERN with them, but NEVER hurt even the tiniest of my rescues or my first four Bengals, as they joined the household.

I just wish I had a digital camera longer while he was still with me. I have so few photos of him, to share.

He will forever hold HIS place in my mind and heart.

LaVon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:18 am 
Well This thread made me feel happy & sad and is a very worthwhile read for any new members :D it gives you a better idea of what our older forum members have gone through.

Anyway, My Shelly came from Puddywat in lincs but was actually born & bred by Gogess in the states!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Well when I looked around for Bengals I couldn't find a breeder with cats I liked, only one with very expensive cats and I wasn't ready to put so much money in a cat...

Then I fell on an ad advertising for kittens on the internet, but it was a "real" breeder and when she sent some photos I fell for Chaos ;), he was everything I looked for (rosettes, glitter, clear colour).

Of course we went to see the breeder first but I was happy with what I saw at her home : beautiful cats, kittens raised inside, lovely kittens and breeders...

I discovered later his pedigree :lol:, that he was coming from Gogees and Millwood lines... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ahhh i love it when old threads are resurrected!! :D
Great, but sad, reading, too. :(

My beautiful pest, the AOC snow spotted boy, ********* W.B Yeats aka William comes from ( *********) and he has Gogees, Bambino, Millwood, Akerrs and Llandar (amongst others) in his bloodlines. :wink:

William was a decision that needed to be made quite quickly, and we were very happy with how everything went. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:38 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I got all my cats from SiruCats cattery here in Finland. Absolutely fantastic cats with sweet temperaments too. We are also good friens with breeders. One of my babies is co-owned with her breeders and she just had her first litter of kittens under SiruCats name. And she will have another later.

By the way, very smal world, when I looked Belladonnakatz´s pages filthy_gorgeous posted here, I saw extreemly familiar bengalface and couldn´t help looking cat´s pedigree. I found relatives for my cats, Littlestar Pawnee is cousin to my Hannibal and Attila. He looks very much like my Hannibal :D

Katja - Humble servant of Hannibal, Attila, Lara and Bertha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:47 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

awww what a small world indeed :D

donna is a lovely down-to-earth person & pawnee is gorgeous!! he's just had a son who is the spitting image of him too :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:10 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hello!!
Kind of funny that the first post was almost four years ago! :wink:
Yup it's a really small world when I see pedigrees from all around the world!
My three girls come from a wonderful breeder, really helpful and generous, Sheila from Azana bengals! She even puts my 2 older girls on her kittens page!!! (was a fabulous portrait made by an artist I met here on this forum) Well I'm a proud mommy, can't resist... :oops:
Bye!
Sysh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:18 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Belladonna bengals
http://www.belladonnabengalcats.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:37 pm 
Senior Bengal

We got our Templeton (brown marble) from Barbary Bengals in East London. They were fantastic, and I highly recommend them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:36 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I got my 2 from you meemonkey lol. Highly recommended. Love my babies :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:07 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Tracey wrote:
I got my 2 from you meemonkey lol. Highly recommended. Love my babies :lol:

have to agree there.. :D

http://www.nordiquestar.co.uk/

Heidi & Luke are sooo friendly and willing to help anytime you need them... :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next