[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Nevada, my snow boy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nevada, my snow boy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh he is just super handsome!!!!! Not sure how much your landlord will allow you to change. It would be great if you could screen in the balcony. Would not be that noticeable from the outside and keep Nevada inside. My friend has five indoor cats and they never go outside -- even if you open the door! They just stand there and look out. Would be great if all cats were like that. They aren't bengals, however.

The harness on the traveling kitten is the BEST idea in the world. That way if they escape the carrier in some way, they are still contained!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My charcoal snow had a dark nose when she was young and at about one and a half years old it turned light in the center with a dark outline around it, very pretty. Her sister was born with a brick colored nose and it has remained that color but the outline around it has darkened.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Here's new video!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWWxVdwWFe8
He is certainly one brave kitten XD

Painting the apartment starts tomorrow :) All the walls, in all the rooms - and the ceilings too! Am I glad we know a painter who wants to do it XD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Look at all those little helpers with the cleaning! I could use several of them myself! Ha ha!!! What gorgeous little kitties!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He turned 11 weeks yesterday :biggrin: only 5 weeks left

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Interesting you are getting him at 4 months! Still, you will have some challenges, but he will, hopefully, be well socialized and settle in quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I had to reschedule the pick up, since the transporter I had a deal with couldn't pick him up after all - which sucked tbh :neutral: I then got my dad convinced to fly to Frankfurt then pick him up and fly back to Copenhagen - I'm paying for the tickets so no trouble there, but it's still rather stressful. I'd go on my own but on my bad days I can barely walk the 50 steps out to pick up the mail. Anxiety is really annoying.
Anyhow, I was bound to get him at 15+ weeks since they require a rabies vaccination when he enters the country :biggrin: I was also told by many a breeder that it would be better to get him between 4-5 months as he is going to be an alone cat. They said he would cope with it better as they had seen some get behavior issues.

I got a new video today :cool: he is getting darker as he is losing those guard hairs - he is really going to be dark, like his mom! He is absolutely perfect, I'm very thankful for all your advice when I was picking him. Here is the new video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nee36TpOceY
The breeder only plays with hands when she needs to do the videos ~ Do notice that silky fur, he looks so smooth and nice :redface:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

HE IS SPECTACULAR!!!!! You are getting a gorgeous, stunning baby!!!!! He appears well socialized and loves playing -- so get ready!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:47 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

:lol: I think my readiness is almost there! I'll be ordering some Purrs/DaBird/Frenzy wand toys
And going down to cat level and pretending I'm a naughty cat with a heart of gold who wants to get in trouble. And when I'm done, I'll look to place those litter trays somewhere :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:49 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

We're a bit confused as to where to put the litter trays though, they're large ones from Trixie called Cleany. Open trays

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

If you're in a small apartment, litter boxes can be a challenge. Some use a bathtub or shower area when no one else is in the tub or shower. People have gotten clever and put them into furniture. I'm sure you can google ideas and placement. It sounds like you're going to have two of them, which is ideal, but if you can only have one -- that's fine, too. Your space is not going to be too big for him to find his bathroom spot. Just make sure it's pretty private for him and he can use it in peace.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:08 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Today he turned 12 weeks old!
The breeder told me he is the favorite with visitors - he'll run over to greet them and they play with him. All asking if he is for sale - I feel much better knowing that he is so outgoing and seek human attention. Only 4 weeks left !!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Four weeks will seem like an eternity! Happy to know he is so socialized already. You need a kitty with a big personality to balance with yours.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I've begun walking all day with that new Pokemon Go app - it's helping :biggrin: a lot with the waiting! My apartment isn't quite ready though, we're hoping to put up lighting tomorrow. Then I'll be able to start living there for real :biggrin:
I'm hoping she will be able to make another video this week so I can compare the progress :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Be careful with that app. People have died! People have stumbled upon crime scenes and dead bodies. Two boys were shot at by a homeowner (it was 1:30 a.m.) I would definitely trip and fall over something -- and someone would post a video online of my clumsiness. But, I am happy it is helping you out a little bit. The days are flying by, at least for me, so hopefully mid August will get here soon! Happy to hear the apartment is coming along.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next