It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:54 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi! I'm new to the breed but not new to cats. I am looking for a rosetted kitten, but am open to whatever I might find. What I'm having trouble with is that so many people say they have bengal cats that they want to rehome for two hundred dollars, on free webpages, and the cats are obviously mixed. I am somewhat oblivious to the cost. The issues I have are a healthy pet, not making ANY backyard breeder rich, and finding a kitten who matches my personality. Jump 8 feet? Fine. Tear down the curtains? Well, after age two I would expect I would have taught them better. Meow all night? Oh,well, let the neighbors get earplugs.

This is the last one I had: the mother is alleged to be an F5 bengal bred with a black housecat and they two kittens she has left, one has white paws. I'm daunted by that. She is trying to say since it's an F5 bengal, it's okay to have white paws.

Is she right?
Skygirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:47 am 
Bengal Kitten

GO TO A BREEDER!
i went the route of looking on ad pages, because i couldnt even bare to think about spending 800+ on a cat, but its worth it!
After recieving atleast 20 people replying to me telling me there sob stories about how they have to rehome there cats and thats why they're only 200-300 dollars i realised i was just going to get scammed, and decided to go to a breeder instead
if you recieve an email with bad spelling or grammar and they dont ask to meet you first, dont do it!
If you're buying a kitten, meet it first! One of my good friends thought they were getting a bengal x DSH, and when she recieved it via a transport service and took it to the vet, 300 dollars later it turns out it's just a tabby,
There is no pattern that can match a bengals pattern, as well as a bengals personality,
its worth going to a breeder and spending the money,
because if it seems to good to be true, it definatly is!

I just dont want anyone falling for a scam like i almost did and like my best friend did!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

As above, you need find a good breeder. Most of the people advertising on free pages will not be good breeders.

Where are you located? Are you particular about having a kitten, or would you be willing to rehome an older cat? You might be able to get some recommendations here.

And no, an F5 (after F4 they are just referred to as SBT) bengal would not have white paws. A cross might have, which is what the kittens in your scenario are.