[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Does anyone have experience with dreampaws bengals inFlorida
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:46 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hello my name is Philip and my fiancé and I are driving 3hrs to pick up our new baby boy from dreampaws bengals tomorrow night. We haven't met yet but they have been very helpful so far and what we've read on their site has been very informative. But they don't have any testimonies or letters on their site. So just curious if anyone has any experience with them or know someone that has? We will post pick as soon as we can. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:14 pm 
Senior Bengal

I haven't dealt with them personally but I know theirs is the site that impressed me most of the FL breeders. The reason I never contacted them was because the page hadn't been updated but it appears that it has been since I last visited. So I don't know specifically much about them other than first impression. One thing I did notice was their prices are very scattered. The offer a few pet kittens for $500-$700. I haven't seen a Bengal kitten go for so low in all my searching. It makes me wonder if there's any underlying issues. Especially since they'll have other "pet" kittens for $1000-1200. What could be that different about the kittens that could result in paying $700 more than the other? Especially when they're all considered pet quality? Not trying to put you off the breeder but whatever you're paying for your kitten, I'd ask why that's the price for that kitten specifically. Just on the site right now, they've got kittens between $450 and $700, all pet quality. I would definitely ask how they decide the price of a kitten and what makes the $450 less preferred than the $700 one.

I don't think they show, which isn't a bad thing, but it makes me question their reason for breeding. Breeding should only be to better the breed and not to supply the pet market. How do they ensure they're bettering the breed without showing their cats and learning which qualities are preferred in the breed? And if they don't show, how do they know what traits make a kitten show quality and what makes them pet quality? Just things you might want to ask. What's their health guarantee? Even if everything I've said isn't top priority to you, I'd want to make sure that you're getting a health kitten and that the breeder backs their kittens. At the very least, you're going to want a 1 year health guarantee against genetic defects.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have not purchased from them but I have been looking for a marble Bengal and they have been recommended to me from several people including someone on the forum that got her male bengal from them! They have great quality kittens and yes there is a wide price range and the lower is for "pet" quality and the higher is or course what would be considered a "top quality pet/show/breeder"! The way they price is based on what the kitten has to offer as far as type , personality , and what kittens carries the best of what a Bengal has to offer! If I am not mistaken they do show there cats or that is what I have been told! Good luck with picking out your new kitty and I dont think you will be disappointed! Oh and please post pictures!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My boy Tigre is from there and i highly recommend them...i think her prices are cheaper because she does it in her home and it is literally in the middle of nowhere...Tigre is a wonderful cat and has not had any health problems :D Here are some pics of him!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:20 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thank you everyone for your replys. Yes they do show and there are 2 other in home breeders in Florida that offer pet quality starting at 500. They have a 1 year health garuntee. One of the things I really like is that they only have two breeding males and 5 females one of which they just added to their program. The two males are father and son.
Mike thank you for showing me pics of your boy Tigre. He is beautiful! How old is he now? My fiancé and I are heading out this evening to pick up our baby. We live in central fl so it's going to be like a 3 hr drive I think. Do you think such a long ride will upset our kitten? We will defenetly post pics as soon as we get settled in. Thank you again everyone!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am glad you chimed in Mike and Tammy! I wanted to say something earlier because I know how happy you are with Tigre! But I thought I should let you speak for them yourself! I know since you suggested I get a marble from them because her prices on marbles are lower I have looked at their site several times and they have some really beautiful cats/kittens!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:47 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Mike and Tammy: I understand with alot of animals it is going to smell but do you feel it's due only to the number of animals or is it that they aren't clean so it smells because of it being dirty? Just asking cause although we aren't spending 1000, 500 is still alot to spend and we want to make sure we make the right desission if that makes since.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:53 pm 
Senior Bengal

I'm glad to see you've done your research! Like I said, I don't really know much about them so everything I said was just from a quick look at the website. I think you've definitely thought about this and I'm glad to see the things I had simply assumed are not necessarily true! Best of luck! I can't wait to see your new addition.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Ok just want to make sure and I see you understand why. They have added a new female to their breeders and she is gorgeous! We can't wait to see her first liter and hopefully will add one of her kittens to our family. Again thank you for you time and honesty.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:57 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Just wanted to say that just because a breeder's house smells like animals doesn't mean it's unclean. Doesn't Petco smell like animals? I have witnessed females in heat spraying inside the house and believe me, it is very difficult to get that stink out no matter how much you clean it. It is a valid concern but don't let it turn you off unless the conditions are unsanitary as well.

Marbles are often priced lower simply because they aren't as in demand as spotted kittens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:01 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Our boys were $650 and $600 from a breeder in Jacksonville. Her cattery is attached to their home and Max was actually raised in their bedroom after his mother had to be euthanized. Our vet said two weeks ago that he's "a $2000 cat." Barbara just loves her animals and is very well respected by local vets.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:23 pm 
Senior Bengal

So I decided to contact this breeder after hearing what you've all said and I've found on that she'll have 3 boys available to go home in February. This is a little earlier than I planned but patience was never my strong point. I look forward to hearing about your experience this evening, Philip and maybe I'll be the next one with a kitten from this breeder!