[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Interesting figures
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Interesting figures
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:27 pm 
Senior Bengal

Just thought it might be of interest and wonder if anyone else in here knows their figures?

We launched our new website a couple of weeks ago and I thought I'd look up the site statistics for February. We had 280 visitors ... But only 14 of those clicked to view the health page. Yet 256 viewed the kitten page.

A bit of an eye opener on what people want to know and what they choose to ignore, it is a page like any other - not hidden within a page or through a link so is just as visible as the kitten page.

:( Steven

Post subject: Re: Interesting figures
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That doesn't surprise me, actually. That's just how most people are. =/ It's unfortunate that the health page got so few clicks though!

When I was doing research and checking out breeders' websites before choosing our Bengal kitten, I'll admit the Kittens page was usually the first one I went to, out of sheer curiosity/excitement. However, being the type of person that I am, I proceeded to check out EVERY other page on the website as well. Can't get enough information when you're looking for your new baby, imo. In fact, I think I know my breeder's whole website inside and out, lol... Not only that but I've been constantly talking with her and asking questions via phone/e-mail since day one.

Maybe on your Kittens page, somewhere at the top, you could put a link encouraging people to also check out other pages like the Health page if they're really serious about getting a new Bengal? Maybe they just need a little nudge, lol. Would you mind saying what your website's address is? I'd like to see it, if possible! :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:24 pm 
Senior Bengal

Hi, the website is http://www.hubblebub.co.uk

From feedback on our old site people said there was too much 'info' and not enough kittens on the kitten page ... By that and these new figures I'm kinda thinking people would rather not know what they are buying into :(

Our price is also very clearly listed - one price for all - and we get enquiries asking how much or what our "best price" is. Does me nut in :roll: :lol:

Steven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I took a look at your site, and I think it's really nice. :) It looks good, and everything is very clear. I actually loved reading your Health page, and I think it's wonderful how you're so open and honest about everything on there. It's very informative, and it's refreshing to see that on a breeder's website.

In regards to your kitten prices, $712 ( £450 converted to USD) to me actually seems like a really good deal (for the purchaser) for kittens like that! I only saw one kitten featured on your Kittens page, but for a kitten similar to that in my area, I think the price may have been closer to $900-$1000 - just judging by what I saw while researching in buying my own Bengal boy. And you have a lot of very beautiful cats, so I'm sure you frequently have some gorgeous kittens!

Speaking of that, I just want to say how much I love your female LC, something about her coloring just catches me. Maybe it's because she reminds me a bit of our kitten's mom. :P Also, your males Swirlie and Ahmir are stunning!

Anyway I think your website is great and your cats look really happy. Keep up the good work. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Gorgeous cats, and an informative website.

I would say I wouldn't even think to go on your health page because I wouldn't be going to a breeder website to check out health info. I'd be going to specific cat health websites or forums.

I wouldn't even have noticed the health tab if I'd just found your site on google and was having a browse for potential future kittens. But then again, it really doesn't stand out against the many other tabs you have. Also on an editorial front (sorry, it's my job!), you have capitalised some of your tabs and not others, so it makes the capitalised ones stand out a little more.

If you're anxious to have people look at it, do as echo says and put it at the top of your kittens page. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You also have to consider that not everyone who goes to your website is actually looking to buy a cat. A lot of people just like to browse pictures of bengals on the internet! Not that I would know anything about this... *tries to appear innocent*... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:21 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oooh yes, good point Pylea! I'll admit, I'm guilty if that too sometimes, lol. :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:48 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Just had a look at your website, lovely cats! :D

........but it is very annoying to look at because the text is allover the place! On top of pictures, spilling out of the boxes etc makes it really difficult to read, and the overlarge tab box on the left goes on top of the info.

Sorry to be negative :oops:

Heather

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:21 am 
Senior Bengal

Thanks for the replies guys, I suppose I didn't consider website surfers ... Something I do myself! :oops:

Thanks for the info Tigertail, we've now had 4 people say that, yet most friends and my own PC, iPhone and iPad all show it as it should be??? I've contacted customer support to see why this is happening to some, so fingers crossed for a speedy reply and fix. How frustrating!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I just took another look to be sure, and this is what I noticed when I look at the site:

On the Queens page, the black bit of text under each queen (the "Born, Sire, Dam, Breeder" part) sticks out past the border and does make that part difficult to read. For me it's only happening on Marbles, Kelsey, LC, and Bobbie's descriptions. This same thing happens again on the Upcoming page, but only for Monte.

On the Prices page, for me at least, I found that the white Comic Sans font hurt my eyes to try and read. I wasn't able to read more than a couple paragraphs on the Prices page because of the font (I think mostly because it's white on gray, just not a very good contrast for that amount of reading). The black, normal font on the Health page was very easy to read.

Other than those two things, everything else appears on my screen as it should, and looks great. :) Hope those tips help!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 am 
Bengal Cat

I'm a bit late replying but I think you have to consider people that are looking for kittens. When we were browsing for Bengal kittens, we visited lots and lots of websites. We did not necessarily read about Bengals and their general health on every single breeders website, because they usually have the same information and it does not make sense to read it 10 times. We had a couple of main websites that had a lot of information about Bengals and their health, which was good enough for us.

Also, surely the first page we went to was "kittens", to see if they had kittens available in the first place. If there's enough information and photos on the kittens and their mom/dad etc, only then we'd continue browsing the website. Price was never really an issue for us.