[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Is my Bengal Bailey trying to tell me something????
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:57 pm 
Bengal Cat

Hi Em,

Are you saying he only does his business outside the box when the box is dirty? I've heard that some cats are that picky; they won't used a soiled box. Can you provide a second box so he can always have a clean one?

Medora

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Medora

Bailey does have two litter trays so it cant be that because one was clean. I have come to the conclusion he is extremely fussy but these odd occasions when he hasn’t used his tray worries me sometimes. Especially last night on my Bed !!

The more i think about it the more I think it was because he was on his own all day (more than i normally leave him) and sometime I think they may be a little naughty to try and tell you something.

We have decided to get Bailey a playmate and we have a snow spotted little girl coming in July to be his playmate (yep another litter tray) LOL

Em

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:13 pm 
Bengal Cat

Hi Em,

I hope it is just that Bailey doesn't like to be alone. I think that is not uncommon with cats. We always had cats while I was growing up and my mom always said that cats should come in pairs so they can keep each other company so I've always gotten 2 at a time. Before I got the 3 I have now I had 2 siamese. They were from the same litter and grew old together. One died at 18 yrs and the other at 22 yrs. The one that lived longer was never the same after the other one died. I think she was really confused about why her sister, whom she had never known an existance without, was suddenly gone. I really can't understand why cats are considered 'independent". I've haven't known an independent one yet.

Medora

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:24 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hello Medora

Your siamese did live a long time together bless. I bet the oldest one did feel so lost without the other.

I hope Bailey and his new playmate Mia get on, i know it will be a rough ride at first but in years to come hope they are like your two siamese cats were.

Since the little incident the other night he has used his litter tray as normal so i am hopefull he was just telling me "Dont you go out for so long again......"

We'll see.

Emma
www.Baileyblue1.piczo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I take it back.

I caught Bailey trying to poo again on our conservatory floor I shouted no and he ran upstairs. Managed to get him to where the litter trays are and he hid so i shut the door to make sure if he was going to do it it would be in one of the two clean litter trays. Oh no he did it in front of the door.

I was totally exhausted with him by this stage so ignored him. However, i did notice blood !!

I am thinking he is trying to tell me he's not well maybe????

Can anyone help with this????

Emma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Blood might not mean anything, as Oska has a bit of blood, a drop after the poo not in it, and on another thread someone mentioned it is common and nothing to worry about.
Plus if he doesn't look unwell don't worry.

I would see if it happens again and if you are still worried take him to the vets.

He's definetly mad about something, has anything changed in his routine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:26 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Emma,

it might be worth worming him. I know cats can get a bit loose or soft due to worms.

We use Drontal tablets. You can get them from your vet. Don't buy the on the shelf ones from the supermarkets, trust me they don't work.

I'd tell your vet about Bailey's blood in his poo when you ask for the wormer. They might want to see him if he's been messing out of his litter box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:26 pm 
Bengal Cat

Emma,

What kind of litter do you use?

Have you ever seen him when he has used the litter tray? If so, does he act in any way like he might not like the litter?

Medora

Post subject: bloody stool
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:49 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I had a cat who would have blood on top of his stool quite often. I took him to the vet and he said that it was pretty normal for a cat and that stress could also cause it to happen more often. This cat was particularly high strung and would beat up on my other cat to such an extent that I had to find him another good home where he could be the only cat. He was extremely affectionate to me, but downright mean to my other cat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Everyone

Thank you for the replies.

Bailey is still no better, he is still using the trays to wee but cant make it to them for the poo's. We have changed his litter back to the same one the breeder used to see if this will work.
There is no sign of blood now in his stools but he has now gone off his food and seems to only be eating chicken and the odd biscuit (Science Plan) He used to love them. I tried the Felix pouches Chicken flavour as he used to like these but only seems to be eating the jelly.

He has been to the vets so many times over the past two months that we have had him i think he is extremely stressed out.

He has been on 3 lots of antibiotics, the first for a stomach bug (which they gave when he had diarrhea, the second for an inner ear infection and the third for the cold. I really don’t want to upset him anymore.

I also believe that being on his own during the day isn’t helping and as you will all mostly know i have a new Bengal coming in July, so hopefully he'll be less stressed then.

Emma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

hi i dont think you will find that this behaviour is uncommon in bengal cats as i have heard of quite a few that have decided to use the bed as a litter tray although i have only heard of most being new cats and i believe it is something to do with the odours on your bed. i think you should keep the cat out of the room of which he as soiled the bed for a while because rest assure if he as done it more than once he will continue to use it as a litter tray. i think that if you have another cat that as just used a litter tray and then very shortly afterwards jumps on to your bed with the litter scent still on his paws then another cat especialy newly aquired ones can pick up the odour of the litter tray and thinks it ok to use as a litter tray itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you Macchiato

I did as you said and have kept Bailey out of all the upstairs rooms.

Bailey's breeder suggested putting him back on the litter she used which was a supermarkets home brand.
Today is Bailey 1st Birthday and i came home to a used litter tray and even better he had used it more than once which he hasn’t been doing at all.

Thanks to everyone who said try the simple thing and revert back to the original litter. I just thought because it wasnt a named brand it wouldn’t be so good but just goes and if it works than yeahhhhhh.

:D :D

Emma

Last edited by Baileyblue on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

hope you solve your problem or he decides to solve it himself as some cats do