[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Advise on raising a well adjusted bengal
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:30 pm 
Bengal Kitten

We are family of for plus a beautiful 8 y/o poodle. My 12 y/o daughter wanted a kitty and we bought a bengal and picked her up when ready about 4 weeks ago. She was the runt and is cuter than cute. Not overly vocal but playful I just ordered a "one fast cat" cat wheel because my research suggest aggression is usually tied to lack of physical activity. Can anyone weigh in on this product and any other tips to keep her (yes a female) going down the correct path? Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your baby. I have a One Fast Cat Wheel for my 9-year old bengal and he was on it this morning already. Your little kitten may not be able to get it moving so quickly, so be patient. A well adjusted bengal is one who has a tall cat tree, has lots of human interaction, receives lots of love, is fed high quality food, and gets plenty of play time. Note that many bengals are not cuddly lap cats. Some are, but many aren't. When it comes to bengals, you pretty much adapt to them and not the other way around. Bengals have strong personalities and sweet dispositions. They are loyal and social and have tons of energy that will need to get used up. Do not expect the cat wheel to do it all for you. Mine stays on for a minute and them hops off, but he uses it a couple times a day at least.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:30 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

So cool that Raiden goes on the cat wheel by himself. Does he run fast? Or does he kind of just play with it?

I got a really long piece of string (like 10-15 feet long) and my basement is big enough (sort of) that I can do laps in the basement and I just hold the string and I run. I change up the pace too and how I hold or move the string to make it more interesting for Miko, but I find he gets a really great high intensity work out from this game, and gets tired out way faster than when I am just playing cat-and-mouse with him with the wand toys.

I find Miko gets bored of certain games, though, if we play them too often, and I find myself constantly having to think of new and different ways to play with him. But it's so worth it when you find a new game that he likes because then he's captivated for the next 30-60 minutes (and you can tell when he's really enjoying it).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have One Fast Cat Wheel. My one cat runs briefly on it every day, mostly for attention and praise. The other cat has never set foot on it, she doesn't like things that move.

My cats get the most exercise chasing cat springs around the house. There are more than 100 under my furniture. They both love them and race across the floor chasing them. They are light enough for them to carry around in their mouth. They like to put them in a cardboard box and make lots of noise batting them around inside the box.

They also love to go out on the screened in patio. They patrol the perimeter several times a day and chase lizards and each other around the deck.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Raiden usually just walks on the wheel, but there are times he gets to running at full speed! He loves to look at us to make sure we are watching him. He will often go on it after we go to bed and before he comes and sleeps at my feet. He's also on it early in the morning when HE gets up, but we are trying to sleep! Almost comical.

Know that bengals have the attention of a two-year old child. They get bored extremely fast, so having some new and exciting for them to play with is the key. Most bengal owners rotate the toys.