[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - *MY* territory
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: *MY* territory
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:38 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I was recently at my mum's for a few weeks holiday and took Ada and Babbage with me as usual. My mum has a ( very patient and understanding ) cat and each time my 2 have visited things have been a bit better in the relationship between him and Babbage - who is convinced that every cat in the world *must* want to play with him and let him dominate them a bit. It ended up with mutual cleaning and even my mum's cat initiating play - a very good result.

With Ada, however, I saw behaviour that isn't in any way a serious problem, but did make me laugh - she gets on well with my mum's cat, but the postman, well, that's a different matter.

I was stroking Ada near the window - the postman pulls up about 30 metres away, Ada bounces out of my arms, straight on to the window sill and starts GROWLING at the poor postie. I laughed, but the next day the gardener walked past a window at the back of the house, and there is madame, hoisting the flag and preparing to repel all invaders, growling at him as well.

We have had a chat about just how she thinks cat treats/food/toys magically appear in the house, but I am not sure that she took all of it in.

Has anyone else seen this sort of territorial behaviour in their bengals ?

Post subject: Re: *MY* territory
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ada obviously knew the postman was only carrying bills and not treats and toys, therefore he deserved to be growled at!

What a clever cat she is :lol: :wink:

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hendrix does this too. He's really brave behind a pane of glass lol has a good old growl at the foxes if he sees them but also the postman and anyone who has the nerve to ring the door bell..

He got really upset when we had an architect round to measure up, it was raining and he doesn't like visitors so ran outside. He really wanted to come in though and was sat by the bird bath really complaining at the top of his voice about a stranger being in the house without his permission. Even the architect laughed at him, he was in such a strop about the invader in his territory lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Raiden growls at the outdoor cat I take care of. Raiden is usually in his enclosure and the cats get as close as they can together, each of them brushing up against the wire, claiming the territory as their own. Raiden is yowling the whole time!!! Raiden does growl at me when I tell him it is time to come back home from our walk. He hisses, he cries "no." It becomes a game and I eventually have to pick him up and carry him back or it will take us 3 days to walk 3 blocks.

Your kitties are a hoot, Cranberry.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Magic growls at the postman, especially if he walks right past our window to get to next door.

I thought it was the florescent jackets they wear, he will run the whole length of the window jumping up and down and growling.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Fortunately no. My cats reactions to someone coming to the door:

Neytiri: "Oh sh*t"...(runs upstairs and hides). Then 15min later or so she appears and assesses the situation, and if she likes what she sees/smells, will approach the newcomer cautiously. If they give her the "right" response, she will then get all flirty and have them wrapped around her paw within 30 min, rubbing against their legs, purring, and the newcomer will feel very special that such a "shy" cat is giving them so much attention, lol.

Serafina and Gaga: "Hmm someone new, I wonder what their deal is?". They will walk up to the door, and keep their distance, watching very attentively. When someone enters, their first suspicion (from experience) is that they might be either bringing treats or will break out a toy for them to play with. If neither of those things happen, they will continue to watch the newcomers with interest, but keeping a few feet between them and the guest(s).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Mine are not that bothered, if it's the gardener they may look up, lazily, to ignore him for the rest of the day .. But if it is us approaching the house it's hilarious: Echo "barks" at us from her viewing point and that alerts Ishka, who comes to the door to say hi. Echo, rather than coming to the door, runs onto her wheel, trots for a minute, and then descends to greet us

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:28 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

When the pool guy comes to do his thing every Thursday morning, Grace and Blondie run to the glass doors and follow him from room to room watching his every move.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:30 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

In May Ada followed the gardener from window to window as he did things at the back of the house - with the growling this time perhaps she thought he hadn't done a good job with the window baskets.

She also follows the cleaner around my place, she has to know everything that is going on. This morning she was behind the screen of my laptop, with her chin resting on the top edge of the screen, watching me play a game.

:-)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Jill, your pool boy must be a hunk and a half! LOL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hendrix growled at the telephone today when it rang!

Both of my two absolutely hate a certain iPhone ring tone, if all is quiet and settled, and I'm watching tv and that ring tone goes, they both shoot off under the bed in the spare room... No idea why. Happened this week when I was watching The Fall. I always have my iPhone ringer really low and never use that ringtone!

Does anyone else have this issue with their bengals? Wish I knew why that ringtone bothers them so much!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:07 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Arya hates when my iPhone alarm goes off she goes crazy and starts batting it with her paw to turn it off, my two have worked out how to turn things on and off they've turned on the tv sometimes and both sit there watching it.

My two tend to rush to the stairs when the postman arrives and sit ther waiting to see if anything came for them or if there are any cardboard boxes that they can have. Arya has learnt where we leave the letters and she will sit on there so she can play with the envelopes lol.

If someone actually comes through the door they rush upstairs to hide for about 10 minutes and then Arya will come down to see who it is and 5 minutes later Griff will follow her. He does everything she does lol.

Whenever I'm working both are there to help, Griff tends to be behind my cintiq and I'll get paws pop under it to grab my pen. Arya is more in your face and she's either following the pen around and trying to grab it or she's in the space next to my keyboard so she can bat at my hand whenever I use it. Lol they do like to help when I work. They do see my work/computer desk as theirs and I'm invading their play area when I'm trying to work there.

- Sarah
Arya 24/04/16 - Seal Lynx Point Rosetted Bengal
Griffith 16/04/16 - Silver Seal Lynx Point Rosetted Bengal
Mina (in my avatar)- 1999-2016 - Seal Mink Spotted Bengal (Snow) - run free at rainbow bridge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:34 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

your cat sounds brave, mine is a total coward

he'd be the first one out of the house in a house fire i tell you :confused: