It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:30 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hey im just looking for any tips possible with regards to a bengal coming into season for the first time. Shes not been doing the whole raising her bum in the air and putting her tail to the side but she has become alot more erratic this past week meowing and calling out alot more. even more affectionate than she usually is and just very different to how she has been up until now. She is 5 and a half months old now and obviously it could happen anytime now so im just wondering is it the start of something or is it nothing. i was going to be waiting ntil her next check up at the end of this month before booking her in for spay but should i arrange to get it done now as opposed to waiting?

Luna - brown (black) spotted bengal (born 31st march 2016)

Nebula - seal lynx silver point Bengal (born 24th Feb 2019)

Stratford upon avon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:35 am 
Bengal Kitten

she has also become quite clingy. maybe its nothing as i havnt seen the main signs that she would be in heat but thought id ask anyways

Stratford upon avon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:35 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Get her done as soon as possible, my Pearl came into season at 4 and a half months, did I know about it.

She called all night long, real yowling, I got her booked in to be spayed but couldn't get an appointment for a week, that was one long sleepless week.

She showed quite a lot of signs when she was in season, when we stroked her she would put her bottom up in the air then roll on the floor all silly.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:58 am 
Bengal Kitten

Ok so maybe shes not come into season yet maybe its just her random bangal ways. obviously as they get older im sure they can develop lots of different changes to their personalities anyway. shes just been alot different to normal as of late. il give the vet a call in a bit to see what we can do. what was she like after she had been done may i ask?

Stratford upon avon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My advice is to get her spayed ASAP. There is no sense in waiting as many cats are spayed at 12 weeks. The problem with spaying while the cat is in heat is the extra blood flow that goes into that area to await a potential stud and babies. I think you are better off having it done now than wait until she is in full blown heat. Not only that, but a female wants OUTSIDE so badly that she may escape and end up pregnant by a tom cat down the street.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:33 pm 
Bengal Kitten

ok great i appreciate the advice. lol and i certainly dont want some dirty tomcat getting near my beautiful pedigree princess thats for sure. as much as id maybe like to try breeding someday it certainly wont be with Luna.

Stratford upon avon