[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - My Snow Bengal Is Driving Me Crazy!!!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:00 pm 
Bengal Kitten

my snow Bengal cat is so annoying. He is meowing all the time, hyperactive and constantly wanting my attention. I do everything I can for him. He is not allowed out free because he jumps on cats and makes the squeal!! I have had neighbours having ago at me! When I do let him out at night when all the cats are in, when I try to get him in. He is so naughty! He comes near me but keeps running off and coming back! So it's hard to catch him!!
He doesn't meow at night when I go to bed which is good!!!
He is very mardy, I can't pick him up without him being super mardy and trying to get away. He doesn't like me to cuddle him. he only likes it when I stroke him without cuddling him. So he can just stand up and keep walking around.
He used to sleep on me. :( but now he doesn't!

Yes I know bengals are naughty, they are noisy etc but I'm sure there is something I can do to make him calmer.

When I go to bed and wake up he is there starring at me ready to meow loads!

Then I just go back to bed because he is driving me crazy at times.

He goes out on a lead in the garden and I also take him out in a pet stroller as he isn't very good on the lead!

Before I tried getting a girl kitten. Just a moggie. To see if that would help him with his Bordem but he didn't like he. He kept jumping on her and making her scream!

I had to get rid of her because it was just too bad. And she was meowing none stop as well.

Now I'm getting a black female kitten in a few days. And I'm going to do it properly. Introduce them properly. I have done a lot of research now. Hoping in the long run it will solve the problem a bit with his behaviour if he has a playmate and someone to keep him company.

Anyway. What do you think? Any suggestions? Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum! I hate to tell you, but YOU HAVE A BENGAL. Your bengal is behaving just as a bengal should. You're trying to compare a bengal to your normal cat and they are different as night and day. You keep trying to bring in a regular domestic cat as a playmate and that just doesn't work in many cases. Another bengal might be better. Bengals do drive you crazy! They are very active, quite vocal, extremely social and always demanding! They don't not, in general, like to be picked up and held or cuddled. It's what a lot of people LOVE about the breed and what many people HATE about the breed.

If you want a kitty who sleeps 20 hours a day, just have a regular kitty around. Many owners are not prepared to what a bengal brings to the table. They are challenging, which is why it takes a ton of patience to deal with them. They are a perpetual 2-year old child! They will NEVER grow up and grow out of that stage.

You either accept your bengal for the demanding kitty that he is, or you find him a new home. Bringing in a new defenseless kitten may be the wrong thing, even with proper introduction (safe room, etc.) Bengals are highly territorial. Hopefully, you have a tall cat tree or two for your bengal, lots of toys to play with, and you spend lots of time with him.

I am not going to suggest anything to calm your bengal down because it is his nature to act this way. They are hyper, to say the least. If you bring a new kitten into the mix, PLEASE do the safe room and slow introduction or you will end up finding another home for one of the kitties.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:29 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I agree with Sherry, he seems a dominant cat, bengals are very strong, I would either try another bengal with him ( which is what I did) or keep him on his own.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:46 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thank you for the reply :) yes he is just a pain. I knew bengals were all like it but didn't know if they were all this crazy haha!

Yes I have a tall cat tree for him and I built him some wall shelfs and put carpet on them so he can stretch on them :)

I do have a safe room all set up. So I'm going to try this. And if that doesn't work then I will keep him as him on his own.

I am with my Bengal 24/7 literally! he is quiet atm jumping and catching moths outside x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

As long as you keep the new kitty in the safe room and start swapping out scents (blankets, towels they have touched), you can eventually allow them to "see" each other. Down the road, you can begin feeding them in the same general area. You can also try to engage them both in play at the same time, keeping the distraction on the toy and not the other kitty. You must never leave them alone together unsupervised until you can tell that they are not aggressive toward each other. Know that bullying can be common with a bengal and that can cause behavioral issues in the new kitty. This "coming together" should not be taken lightly or as a "well, if it doesn't work out, I get rid of the other cat." Owning a pet should not be like that. To get these two to co-exist may be challenging and you will need the patience to deal with it. You already have a bengal -- and this new kitty will never have the energy to keep up with a bengal. I truly hope things go better than expected. Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

meow

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Jill, that cat in the comic is obviously not a bengal since one "miawwww" just isn't enough for a bengal. LOL.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think they are just trying to communicate with us. Blondie flies up next to me with huge eyes blazing and stares deeply into my eyes searching for a connection and raises her paw and taps me. If I don't figure out what she wants, she proceeds to knock everything onto the floor. Grace chews and claws furniture to gain attention. They moan and whine more than they meow. Each morning Grace comes onto the bed at around 6:30 if I am not up yet and says. "HMMMMMMMMMMM?" I wake up instantly and start my day. She is the best alarm clock.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Pearl wakes us up at exactly 5am, she knows that is the time her daddy gets up.

Shame they don't understand about weekends though.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Raiden can't tell time. This morning it was 1:12 a.m. and again at 4:30 a.m. He is now hopping up on my makeup table and knocking everything to the floor. He knows that will get me out of bed just to step on whatever he tossed (can't turn on a light and wake up the hubby). I'm about to lock him out of the bedroom at night, except that he will just open the door himself.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Is he fertile?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I ended up cleaning the makeup table and putting all the makeup away in the drawers. It needed a good cleaning anyway. Just now I can't find everything as fast as I did when it was just laying out on the top. Had to remove all the light things off the top of the dresser, too, as he was tossing the candles off as well as the little knick-knacks. So far ... so good!