[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Can cats talk to each other without us hearing them?
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You know, sometimes having cats can be a real pain in the rear! LOL. Raiden loves to chase lizards and flying insects outside. He will eat the insects if he catches them. YUK! Raiden has brought in mice, baby squirrels and birds from his enclosure. How they get IN there is beyond me since the wire openings are quite small. We even put smaller open wiring around the very bottom so he couldn't put his paw through it. That has stopped the gifts for the most part. I can handle the baby squirrels and chase them back out the door. The birds, my husband takes care of -- and the mice! I just hate waiting for him to come home to deal with a mouse that is now running about my house. I refuse to even grab a broom and try to beat it to death.

I love that cats are hunters, but wish that urge would stop.

Clare, hope you get back ton your feet soon. I can't imagine chasing around after Hendrix and Jagger -- and a bird. They certainly are not happy when you take their gift away from them. Poor bird (and rabbit).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:23 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare, have the foxes found a new home yet? I am happy to say the roof rats are officially gone, thanks to Rat Busters!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:38 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Jill

They're not completely out of my hair (as I keep finding their delightful 'calling cards'!) but are much less of a problem now. The youngsters are now more independent of their parents I think, and aren't in our garden as early now or as much. They do still come in as I saw one last night and it was screaming out there (horrible noise!) - both my boys were in the conservatory watching what was going on!

I was worried sick the other night as Jagger has taken to being quite lazy during the day and going out in the evening later. He didn't come home til 1am and I was really worried about the fox situation. I think it was pay back that I had the nerve to go out until midnight the night before at a music festival. Normally he's as good as gold and knows he has to be home between 7.30pm and 8.00pm and is like clockwork. He enjoyed himself though, came back purring his little head off, making a fuss of me whilst I told him off for worrying me like that! He went straight to bed though and gave me a goodnight meow. Bless him. He keeps trying it on for another night time stroll but I'm not having it - too worried he'll bring me home a present! I can't be doing with that at that time of night...

I was relieved to notice its not just me who has been bothered by the foxes - one of my neighbours has a fox deterrent under their bedroom window now. I still put mine out now and again, but its hard when you don't want to scare your own pets off!!

I think the rats at the end of the garden are gone now too - although I haven't looked too closely to be fair! Very pleased to hear that you are now rid of your unwelcome house guest!

The joys of wildlife :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare, did Jagger not have his Pod Tracker on him? It is always scary when they do not come home! I worry about Legs each and every day. With the hot nights, he doesn't stick around my deck or even on his cooling bed. He finds a much cooler area. Can't wait for the weather to change so he will stick around more. I worry about him all the time. May try the collar once the weather cools off and then see if he will tolerate the pod tracker.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Sherry, yes he had his pod tracker on him and I knew roughly where he was, but he was in someone's back garden so I couldn't just go and get him - and he was in the direction that the foxes come from every night hence my concern. He has a habit of going somewhere and sitting down to watch the world go by, have a nap or lie in wait for an unsuspecting mouse or rat... so because he isn't moving, I always think something's happened to him :redface: I'm a bit paranoid....!

He had a great time though, the little toad. Of course its cooler at night which is why he's sleeping all day and wanting to go out later. I didn't appreciate having to wait up for him even though I had the cat flap on 'in only'. I make sure to barricade the cat flap now so he can't pull the control out if going out takes his fancy. Too expensive to keep replacing it!

I had bought him a Kaddz collar as that gives more information about if he's asleep or shut in somewhere and you can turn lights on at night on the collar so you can see them in the dark, but before I've managed to use it, they've gone bust!

Thank goodness for pod trackers!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare, I know what you mean about interrupting their scheduled outdoor time. I went out after work for the first time since I adopted them without taking the day off to be with them. I came home at 10pm and fed them but didn't let them out because a robbery had just occurred in the next community and police and helicopters were in the area. Grace threw a dramatic little fit and went in the bedroom and sulked. When I went to bed, I could hear her ripping at the carpet.

The rat traps worked great. Not a rodent in sight.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Happy to hear your rodent problem is gone, Jill.

I guess if your kitty heads into a neighbor's yard (fenced especially), it may be hazardous for you to try and get in there. Thankfully, Legs will usually come running if he hears my voice. Want to definitely work on the pod tracker and get it on him for the winter time, although that's when he usually stays closer to my house. I need to check out that Kaddz collar. It sounds interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Kaddz have gone bankrupt - so I shouldn't bother, Sherry! It did look good, Jon really wanted one, so I ordered it, received it and they went under. Typical. What a waste of money!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Must not have been a great product. Oh well! Legs does generally stay within a 3-block radius of my house and he was laying on a front stoop 2 doors down this morning. He loves the next door neighbors brick steps as it stays cooler. It is so hot here in August. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather and getting his box bed ready for him for the chillier evenings.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:50 am 
Bengal Kitten

I have had cats all my life. Cats are very smart if you understand cat. Cats i the wild do not meow, on the farm all the barn cats that are rodents and birds did not talk to me at all, but they did talk to each other. Only when I took a kitten from these cats and bought him/her into the house did it start to meow at me. Always had a gift of being able to "talk to" animals. Only later in life did I realize just how this gift worked when I did dolphin communication research. The best method we found was mental images sent along with the words you wanted associated witht he picture. Cats are also very good at this. Start as soon as you can. For example when you want to name a kitten, send his/her name as a thought form just before you say it verbally, this works very well. In a few hours or days, all depends on the cat, they will respond. Always loving manner, cats have incredible memories of words and actions done to them. Here is a class picture :)

cat telepathic.jpg
you promise.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:12 am 
Bengal Kitten

Meow.
Meow ?
Meow meow.
Meow meow??
Meooowww!
Of fuk it have the litter tray.