[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Meowing at night! Help
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I like waking up to cats. They make great alarm clocks. Early morning weekend craziness is my favorite. When you just lay there and they're all in this weird rested state and running around and cuddling.

Now we adopted Digit, who we want to keep in the bathroom for the first week or so, his cries sound like a bird, but wow! All night long, he is relentless. I have to take a Benedryl to get some sleep. I started my day at 4am today, and am now at work wondering what he is doing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I wonder what my cats are doing when I am at work too. If they notice I'm gone, if they miss me...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It's easy to set up a camera(s) inside your house and see what your kitties are up to!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:17 am 
Bengal Kitten

I have the same issue, my behalf has be the past 2 days meowing at night not sure what to do..please help me

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sia, first of all, is your kitty fixed? That could be an issue as unneutered males and unspayed females both howl. Secondly, you might want to make sure your little one eats a small meal before bedtime -- and before that, you play with your bengal. Bengals are not like your regular cats. They require interaction and play time every single day!!!!!

Has this meowing been going on since you got the kitty or did it just start? Are there outdoor cats in your neighborhood that might roam during the night that you kitty can sense or smell? If so, you'll have to deal with that issue.

The key is to ignore your cat when it starts to cry and you're trying to sleep. It takes a couple of weeks, but the meowing should stop. In the meantime, you may not get a lot of sleep. Thankfully, mine sleeps through the night.