[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - My cat hisses at my bed
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: My cat hisses at my bed
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:05 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi there,

I have two silver bengals who I love very much. Technically one of them belongs to my sister, and he's called Milo, and Piqnique (a girl) belongs to me. Piqnique is 1 and Milo is 4.

Anyway, it's not really clear how well they get out since sometimes I see them licking each other and sometimes I see them biting each other's necks, so I can't tell how they feel about the other.

Milo has been sleeping on my bed recently, and although I love him to pieces, I would like Piqnique to sleep on my bed either as well or instead of him. However, when I put her on my bed, she scrunched her nose and hisses, running away and going back to my sister's bed. I've put Milo on another bed and she's started hissing at that bed too so it's definitely to do with the fact that he has slept on a particular bed.

I'd be immensely grateful for any advice or help you can give.

Thanks,
Will

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The beds may be the other cat's territory. They put their scent on the bed and it creates an invisible barrier for the other cat. Try washing all the bedding, bring only your cat into the room and see if he will go on the bed with you. My docile kitty will not go above my feet when the alpha cat is in the room. They both love the bed and are very competitive over who gets to be in bed with me. If the alpha sleeps in the living room, the docile one sleeps in my arms or by my head. If the Alfa enters the room, she jumps down right away.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum, Will. There is one thing you have to know about cats. They sleep where they want! That's that! No amount of prodding will get them to sleep where they do not want to and it's apparent that Piqnique does not want to sleep in your bed, perhaps because the smell of Milo is there. It seems the harder you try to get a cat to sleep in a certain spot, the more they avoid it. I'd stop trying and see what happens. I'm guessing they were not introduced properly in the beginning as most cats who get along perfectly don't mind the other cat's scent anywhere.