[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Two Bengal brothers not getting on...
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Good idea having the camera must give you peace of mind knowing what they get up to when you are not there to intervene!

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yes, and I also know if I should expect any issues when I get home! There has been some chasing in the kitchen and conservatory today so will see how they are with each other tonight... Hendrix actually chased Jagger last night but I stopped it as although Jon felt they were playing, it could have escalated very quickly and things are still very fragile. I couldn't tell if there was any hissing on the pet cam today but their ears weren't right back so I'm hoping they were playing, they are both back outside now, one went back out and then the other followed but not chasing him at full pelt.

I'm hoping Hendrix is getting his mojo back but I'm not getting too excited as I think this will take time.

I'm going to look for more interactive toys for them I think they may like as opposed to chasing, fighting or competing for the Flying Frenzy. They seem to like anything where they have to try to get something out of a box as that scratcher box with a ping pong ball inside is still a firm favourite!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare, it's sounding promising! Raiden is not into interactive toys unless I'm on the other end of them! So many toys with balls in the tracks and he has zero interest (unless he really wants me to get out of bed, he will start playing with one). I hope things continue and Hendrix can get his mojo back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Jagger has been an absolute horror and torment to Hendrix tonight! However, Hendrix has dealt with it better and has only hissed once at jagger and to be fair I was surprised it took so long for him to lose his patience! I was certainly losing mine!

When I sat down though, I chucked a throw over my legs on the footstool as normally one or the other will hop on and settle down. Jagger suddenly disappeared under the throw, laid down next to my legs and has barely moved since.

Just like children again I think - over tired and therefore playing up!

I think Hendrix is in his snuggle bed now, I'd like to check but don't want to disturb jagger as I think it's more important for Hendrix to just have a break from jagger being a total pest! I've got a fresh feliway plugin where hendrix's snuggle bed is so hopefully that will help him wind down.

All in all though, I still feel things are improving.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:29 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare, I think by now the children would have settled back in! I don't know why it's taking your kitties so long! However, it is great that Hendrix is starting to fight back a little bit! I bet this is wearing thin on your patience!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My patience is very thin tonight. Hendrix was zooming around this evening because he needed a poo. Which got jagger worked up, who then starts chasing him and also annoyed him when he went to use the litter box which ended up with hissing and growling again. Getting really tired of it all. I had to shut jagger out of the conservatory so Hendrix could use the litter tray in peace.

I did get the bumper pack of zylkene today but jagger is very knowing! He sniffed his food and smacked it with his paw before walking off so I'm having to mix it in with applaws.

Of course Jon went away again yesterday morning so we have another change for them to contend with...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Big hugs to you Clare. Keep smiling and hopefully this will be a distant memory soon. Oscar races around if he needs a poo aswel!!

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:17 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

These bengals are lovely little weirdos, aren't they?! Jon thinks I'm mad when I tell him Hendrix is going bonkers cos he needs a poo - but I'm always right :lol:

Everything seems to kick off at the moment when I get home and then they calm down after an hour or two. I'll be home all weekend so hoping that means things will get calmer. Their routine was thrown over Christmas and new year with us coming and going and being gone for ages so perhaps they'd got worried. I'm hoping that now they can be more confident about someone being here for them at the times they are used to, we can get this sorted with their routine being back in place! I honestly think this would have been sorted or much better if the Christmas holidays hadn't followed the massive falling out with each other.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Raiden also races around before he needs to poo and then races around afterwards, too. Have you tried Peacemaker from jackson? I honestly wish you could find something that will work. You and Jon can't go on forever like this. These boys need to grow out of this.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

So far so good today, it's been way more positive. I finish work early on Friday, so I've done my shopping and unless something unforeseen happens, I'm home all weekend now.

I got home and there was the usual excitement and madness... However when jagger was charging around like a lunatic, Hendrix chased after him, definitely playing as he was bouncing around like an overexcited puppy. They went outside and that went well too with no falling out and were perfectly happy when they came back in.

There was the odd sticky moment. Hendrix had the audacity to go on the cat tree in the conservatory which was spotted immediately by jagger who was in the garden and came back in to show his displeasure. I whipped out some treats as a distraction and they were back to charging around the house.

Both settled down eventually and although there was one hissing incident, I feel like baby steps are being made. Not counting my chickens just yet as I don't think we're quite out of the woods, but feeling way more optimistic. I'm sure there will still be some bad days but really hopeful I'm making progress.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare, I get tired just reading your posts and what you're going through and I'm sitting at a computer!!! You are doing an awful lot of work trying to keep these two apart when necessary. Bless you! I would have run out of patience a long time ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm banking on it all being worth it long term!

Not having a bad day again so far. One hiss from Hendrix but then jagger can be like an annoying wasp buzzing around you when he's hyper and he was full of beans all morning wanting to know everything that's happening in the house, or hassling Hendrix. His behaviour isn't quite so aggressive though, he hasn't blocked hendrix's path lately for example and seems to want to play more than anything.

I've got the wood burner going which is better than any calming medication, Hendrix is curled up on the footstool and jagger on 'his' cat tree and all is quiet...

Might be a different story when they come out of their wood burner heat haze though lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm so glad you're starting to see some progress.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

All is peaceful and calm fingers crossed!

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Definitely getting there, very very slowly!

There has been no full on chasing/fighting for nearly two weeks and I touched base with the behaviourist today and she seems to think we are on the right track and gave me a few more things to consider doing.

Hendrix was a bit hissy/growly with Jagger yesterday but overall the house is definitely calmer, thank goodness. Bit of a disrupted night with the local foxes making all sorts of ungodly noises and ended up with Hendrix joining me. Jagger was ousted for not wanting to settle down at 1am in the morning though as he started knocking everything off the side.

But here is the little rascal in 'his' new cat tree... Hendrix still hasn't had a look-in, but I'm going to move the bookcase behind it to help with access and getting down as I think the sofa back is a bit too low and also soft if they misjudge and hit the cushion and not the firm part at the back.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next