[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Bed time help!?
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bed time help!?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh the blood curling cries of a bengal. Raiden gets that way when he wants to go on his walks. These days, I have the windows open. Thankfully, my neighbor's don't or they would think someone is killing Raiden. He's been sleeping through the night lately, which is terrific. I wish it would last, but it won't!!! At least he's quiet at night. Just know that bengals are super social and they want to be with their humans. Shutting them away is definitely not to their liking.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

23 weeks....cats usually age out of this super rambunctious nighttime behavior, but that's around two years old. LOL. Oh dear. I have a small DSH who kept me and Thomas up for months before she grew out of it, but after hitting the two year mark she began to cuddle up with us quietly at night.

Kathryn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Do your other kitties sleep through the night??? Hopefully, now that a few more days have passed, things are going better and you're getting Mia more settled in at night time. I'm sure once she's completely settled in, things will improve for you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:56 am 
Bengal Kitten

Yeah the other kitties sleep through the night but they are nearly 3 now lol! not so much kitties anymore, I felt terrible last night as we had to shut her out, she slept in her bed for a good couple of hours next to our bed but then decided that was enough sleep and she wanted attention so started washing my hair and climbing over faces lol plus we were so hot we wanted the window open so in the end I had to shut her in the living room which was not to her liking at all, needless to say I still didn't get the best nights sleep, I have been playing with her in the evening for a good hour before bed and giving her a later dinner and it seems to settle her for a few hours but she still wakes in the middle of the night wanting attention. Its not as bad as the first few nights atleast shes sleeping now lol! .. she has got a thing for ripping up paper though .. anyone else's kitties do this ?? lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:08 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oscar spends his life ripping up cardboard! I buy him the cardboard scratch pads and he rips them up. Whenever I get a delivery I have to hide the box until I know I want what is inside and it does not have to be returned or it would be returned with a gaping hole in the box!!!!! Think it's quite a common bengal thing!

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:14 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

This is what my floors look like every day!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

UK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:38 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Wow - Oscar the great Cardboard Destroyer! I thought my two make a mess with those things, but Oscar takes it to a whole new level lol

I used to buy my two rolls of brown packing paper, tear about 6ft off a roll scrunch it up and let them go bonkers with it. Made an awful mess, but they had so much fun! Unfortunately, the other half is a bit OCD so I had to stop when he was back from sea - in fact all their cardboard boxes are currently being hidden from view for the next two weeks :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:42 am 
Bengal Kitten

hahaha oh god I really hope her habit isn't this bad!! she seems to just find receipts some how lol! and rips them apart .. she did have me crying with laughter last night she was having a funny five chasing her tail on the bed LOL! this made my day!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:51 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Well just to show you how ridiculous we are about cats in this house....... Bought Oscar a new oval scratch pad cardboard thing. Trouble was he jumped up on it and it was so wobbly he fell off. My eldest felt so sorry for him she wriggles through it to hold it still for him :rolleyes: she was watching strictly and Oscar was chewing happily with no wobbles! Claire, tell that husband of yours to chill re the mess !!! :lol: I have also never seen a cat chase it's tail??? :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

UK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:10 am 
Bengal Kitten

haha this is so adorable!! .. I'm going to have to get one of these for Mia i think :) .. yeah me either its hilarious! she seems to get over excited after play and she still wants to play so she pounces on the bed as if shes pouncing on something and then spins around chasing her tail lol!! had me and my partner in stitches she was doing this for about 10 mins before she settled down and had a sleep in her bed lol!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:10 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

That's made me laugh, these Bengals do like to be pandered to!

My guys chase their tails. Usually on top of the mantelpiece for some reason, which is very narrow and I guess adds the element of danger to them as they could fall off at any time!

Hendrix also does this weird thing on armchairs, and starts to try grabbing his tail... picture isn't very good but he goes totally bonkers with this game - I keep well out of the way!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:13 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

These bengals are all MAD! Just love hearing stories of the ridiculous thing they do (and us I guess) I am so jealous that you had your babies from young. Feel like I missed out on seeing Oscar as a kitten. It probably saved me a lot of scratches and pain though! :lol:

UK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:43 pm 
Senior Bengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am so upset. I do not have a destructive bengal. Raiden loves to hop in the cardboard boxes, but does not destroy them. He doesn't destroy anything! Actually, I feel quite lucky because the hubby would probably KILL Raiden if he did anything like that.