It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:43 pm 
Senior Bengal

So last week I bought our first Bengal kitten Fitch. My dad came to visit loved him so much we now have 3 Bengal kittens running around my house. Fitch is super confident and running about and playing with my dad brown boy, who doesn't yet have a name. We have a second Bengal to keep Fitch company - we've called him Merlin. Merlin likes playing toys on his own, and hisses whenever the other two brothers come anywhere near. Is this normal whilst they get used to each other? Or should I be worried?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The kitties should not have been thrown together like that -- there's a proper way to introduce them so there is not much hissing, but since the three are already out there, you've going to have to make the best of it. Yes, it is very common for kitties to hiss at each other. That's saying "stay away from me." It's a warning to the other cat. A kitty who ignores that warning is likely to get attacked or swatted at the very least. You need to take all the kitties and play with them in the same room together and the distraction will be the toys and not the other cats. There should be less hissing as time goes on and the kitties may end up snuggled together somewhere. That's always the hope.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:36 pm 
Senior Bengal

Hi, just a wee update the boys are now playing together & even snuggling together for naps. So relieved and can't believe how much more social and confident Merlin is in just a couple of days.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:44 pm 
Senior Bengal

The boys :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:31 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

They are gorgeous! Sounds like they are doing wonderfully!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Happy to hear all is going well. Some adjust to other kitties faster than others. They are gorgeous!