[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Found an easy way to clipping nails without the hassle
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:10 pm 
Bengal Cat

Well just to say, it took me practically all day the first time I clipped Tiger's nails. Besides his freaking out and running away to scratching my hands, I think a lot of time was taken because I was being extra cautious not to clip his nail too low. The next week my wife and I looked at some videos that would not make the routine trimming such a chore, I mean come on there is lots of other things I could be doing on a Saturday than waiting on him to fall asleep and clip a nail or two lol.
Well we saw a video where they wrapped the cat in a towel so there is less resistance from his paws and lightly covered his head with a cloth so he doesn't see what's going on and gets freaked out. I tried this immediately and I must say I was impressed at how well it worked out he hardly even moved but got out once and we had to re wrap him again. Just saying if you have a cat or kitten like Tiger that doesn't want anything to do with nail clipping, try this it really works!.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

If Blondie is asleep I can manage to clip a few of her nails before she knows what's going on. I have never successfully cut even one of Grace's nails even when she was a baby. For all the hassle, I leave it to the groomer at the vets office. I take them over there once a month and is costs $20, worth every penny.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:22 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I've never clipped Raiden's and they were as sharp as could be. When he had his teeth cleaned, they clipped them at the vet's and a couple claws still aren't sharp. I do recall clipping one cat's nails because she was an indoor cat and we had like shag carpeting that she'd get them caught in and she was great about having them trimmed.