[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Washing
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Washing
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:14 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi, our 4month old Bengal, Zendâya is sucking at her hair instead of properly grooming herself! She does do it properly at times but strangely sucks at the same bit of herself most of the time. I worried she has flees but can't seem to see any.

Post subject: Re: Washing
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Has she been doing this all along since you got her or is this something new? Does she do this is a specific area of her body or all over? If she's been doing this all along, then she may not have gotten proper grooming habits from her mom. If it is recent and in a certain area, there could be some type of irritation there. Sometimes fleas are difficult to see, but this may not be the problem. Skin irritations are common in cats. If this is new behavior, I'd take her to the vet to be checked out in that area, just to make sure. A vet can give you medications that may solve the issue.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:40 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks for your message. Yes i think your right, it does seem to be that she hasn't picked up correct grooming habits from her mum. I have found myself on a number of occasions cleaning her bottom. I'm not sure how to encourage her to groom properly. I have given her a shallow basin of water but she doesn't seem confident enough in the water to let me wash her.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

When she sucks her hair, does she make a funny scrubbing noise?

My cats make a noise that is quite loud when they groom them selves. They don't have fleas so I am not sure why they do this.