[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - New F3 into the fold - brotherly love needed!!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:40 am 
Bengal Kitten

Will try and make this brief and to the point..

All cats male..

Firstly we got a bengal/tabby named marvin.
Lovely temperement but got lonely as a house cat.
We then got a bengal snow names harry.
They got on just fine and were named so after the cat burglars from home alone!! Haha
Lived together in a flat for two years... Fine.

We moved to a house and decided it was the right time to make the final addition.
Introducing Monty... An F3... Lovely cat but came with a problem.
Since day one monty had severe dioreah.
Vet thought it was a parressite so for his first 4 months or so we had to endlessly feed him with medication nearly every night which was horrible and in my eyes ruined any initial bod we had with him. It was a really horrible painful experience for us both!!

In the early days the other two were very exepting of him and they would sleep together etc etc.
We then had to get a referal as the medication was not working and it was clear that this was more than a parresite.

Cutting to the chase...

Monty has been diagnosed with a food allergy which we seem to be getting a handle on but ever since he left the house to go to the clinic the other two are funny towards him.
No major fights or anything but they occasionly spank him or growl if we gets too close. Funny tho..., never at food time!!
Basically they dont except him like the brother they used to know.

Special diet is now working and monty is on steroids. His poo is looking really solid and it seems as if his insides are on the mend. Sad thing is after all he has been through he doesnt seem that he is excepted anymore. I can feel is pain with every attempt he makes to pay with the older brothers.

No major fights or issues, he just doesnt get a warm brotherly feeling that i feel is not too much to ask considering the bond they had when he first joined us (lots of sleeping, cleaning and cuddling with one another then)!!

Is there Anything i can do.
Ive tried feeding together And playing together.

Its difficult as monty is not 100% comfortable around us due to all the poxy medication the vet prescribed... That was in restrospect... Unnessary and ruined any bond we once had.

Monty like occasional fuss and is soppy when he wants to be so not a conplete nervous wreck by any means!!

Whats the best way to build a bond with monty and myself? How can i then transfer this bond to the other brothers in our fold without jealousy or favouritism shining through !?

Maybe stretching out to the deepest of cat fanatics hear, but this is what you guys are for... We worship your belief in the feline culture!!

Thanks for reading :)
Monty, Marv, Harry and Chris xx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:51 am 
Bengal Kitten

This is Harry

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:54 am 
Bengal Kitten

Monty

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:56 am 
Bengal Kitten

Monty and Marvin. Monty has copied marvin in this pose by coming up beside him
And laying down as he has done. This happens a lot... Its so sad that hes not accepted... Help!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:06 am 
Bengal Kitten

The the older brothers are (on occasions!!)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:35 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sorry to hear about Monty and his illness, sounds horrendous.

It sounds like Monty is accepted to me; the other cats are not bothered by his presence. In multi-cat household, that is pretty good going.

Maybe in time you will get your fantasy situation of three "best bros", but does it really matter? Cats are fairly solitary creatures, I'm not sure why are you are so worried about them being lonely.

As for your bond with Monty, just keep building positive interactions. Hand feed him treats or his normal food, play with him, slowly build physical touching. It just takes time. You'll get there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Your kitties are gorgeous! I hate that Monty seems to be the odd man out, but this can sometimes happen in a multi-cat household. Cats really determine the pecking order and there isn't much you can do about it. Since they don't seem to be as accepting of Monty, then it's your job to give Monty all the attention he needs. You've got the first two cats who bonded incredibly close. It's possible they could still accept Monty at some point, but I really feel for the little guy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:35 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I would try lots of treats, praise, and talking to him. Sitting on the floor or near wherever he spends his time, talk to him, try out different toys, etc. He will come around in time. The others will too. Time is sometimes the best medicine.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Time and patience is everything .....