[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Play aggression
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Play aggression
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

So I want to start this post by saying we love our kitten very much but we are dealing with some play aggression. If we are just sitting having dinner and any part of our body is moving she will launch herself at us. We seem to aqquire new scratches daily. Sometimes when she's in play mode if I walk past her she will launch herself at me all claws. Anyway I'm looking for tips on how to overcome this . she has posts and I play with her often with different toys. When shes having a mad half hour its best to just avoid her because its like she's possessed she will run up walls and everything. Thankfully it doesn't happen too much

Post subject: Re: Play aggression
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

sounds like unspent energy

get a toy that would tire him/her out?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It sounds familiar. I think that is part of being a kitten and they eventually grow out of it, for the most part. I had scratches all over from my kittens throwing themselves against me and sliding down. It is like they are thinking, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

I don't wear pants very often, but I had them on the other day. My cats came over and used my pant leg as a scratching post while looking lovingly into my eyes, lol. I think they realize the material protects me from their claws so they could mark me without hurting me, goofballs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

food for thought

on the day i bought my cat leo (6 week old kitten at the time) i found myself driving to walmart at 8pm with blood flowing down my arm to buy rubbing alcohol and band-aids :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Recently, I read when a cat does this, it wants to play. It needs prey! It's ready to hunt! Pretty bad to have this happen at dinner time, but I'd have a toy in my left hand trying to discourage the aggression. Kittens are always extra hyper and need stimulation a lot more. This is why people get two cats .... that way the play is directed toward the other cat and not humans. We all get scratches and bites from kittens. It's part of the "kitten" game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks guy might need to up my play ! She is lying here like butter wouldn't melt

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:10 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

What a sweet kitty! You really need to wear out a kitten with play! They have just about endless energy!