[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Best Treats for Training
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Best Treats for Training
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:46 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Looking to start training my Bengal to do basic tricks such as sit, lay, paw, etc..
Just wondering what brand treats are recommended..
What treats do you use to train?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I don't train Raiden, but he gets treats. I've bought Blue Buffalo Kitty Yums, but I usually only give Raiden two at a time. You can really fatten up a kitty if you train him hard and hand out a treat every time. I feel a cat should do the trick because he wants to ... not because he's rewarded. But, that training doesn't usually work! LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:53 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I would like to give mine treats aside from just when he does a trick.
Just as a iittle snack from time to time, but I am wondering what company is good and does not contain all that by-product stuff and garbage that he does not need.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Your best bet is to go into a pet store and compare ingredients and find one that has what you want in it. The ones I have contain deboned chicken, brown rice, oatmeal and fish oil. It states "Blue Kitty Yums are made with the finest natural ingredients, have NO chicken or poultry by-product meals and are corn, wheat and soy free." There are a lot of different treats out there so just check around.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I picked up a packet that Science Diet makes from my vet office. It was for sensitive skin and weight management I believe. Anyway Blondie got ahold of the package and chewed right through the bag. So much for weight management. She wanted a snack!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

LOL, Jill! We keep Raiden's treats on the end table by the couch and he will go over there and pick up the bag when he wants a treat! He also thinks anything that's in a similar bag (like nuts) are also his treats. He can put a hole in them trying to get to what's inside. I'm starting to hide things behind the pillows on the couch! I don't think he can move the pillows.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Cosma snackies. I have a picky eater who would reject every brand of treat, but it all changed when I brought these home (even though they look and smell like cardboard to me...)

They are 100% dried meat, so on the healthy side for a treat. To be honest, you could probably make something similar yourself if you were so inclined.