[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Training Bengal to do "Tricks"
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:00 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Has anyone trained their kitty to do tricks of any kind?
If yes, how and which ones?
Also, what treats are recommended?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Cats can be trained to do tricks. Takes a lot of repetition and patience. There are YouTube videos galore of ate doing tricks. Check them out. Usually a treat is in order.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:53 pm 
Bengal Cat

This is a link to a video of my bengal Mira doing some tricks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_61fsEIUYR8

We used clicker-training to train her.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:46 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Mira is beautiful and super smart! You've taught her well. Great video!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:33 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I was able to teach Hazel to fetch at 13 weeks (a week after I got her) and now she can do a few other tricks - high five, spin around, and this one we call thumb kiss where she licks the thumb we hold out. Finding a treat they really like helped with Hazel. She's super intent on figuring out what we want to give her the treat.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Raiden is too lazy to play fetch! I've tried to teach that at least. The treat part might work, but that could result in 100 treats a day for Raiden -- who loves treats and gets a few each and every day. Now there is no incentive for him to learn anything. LOL I'd love a high five from him. He doesn't stick around me long enough to work with him on it. He learns my words fairly well. Just don't know if I can teach an 8-year old cat any new tricks. Good for those of you who have! I find it fascinating.