[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Help, I desperately need help
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:14 pm 
Senior Bengal

Thank you for this. I had a read through and it was similar. I have had some progress today. It's only very small. He will feed with her great and play time went better. He was not as rough, managed to distract him with toys for about 3 seconds and I managed to give him a cuddle for about 3 mins while she was right next to him. She is stalks and pounces on him so she is engaging in play.with him. After 10 mins he wants to turn it up notch and that is when I end it. She is still happy and confident and I am working very hard to maintain that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You're doing a great job. It's a good sign that she is wanting to engage him. Keep doing what you're doing, it sounds like you are on the right track.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It sounds like there is progress being made. The fact that they can eat in about the same area and Olly is not interested in Kiara is HUGE!!! And the fact that you are making progress with playtime. Just know that any little bit of progress means so much. Kiara is wanting to play as well -- that's what kittens do. She either has to step it up to match his aggression or Olly needs to tone it down a little. I don't know that kittens understand "be nice." Please don't give up. I think each and every day you will see some improvement. Think positive! And keep us informed! I know it is a battle for you right now, but things will turn around if you're willing to just give it time. After your last couple of posts, I think you're doing the right things.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Baby steps, things will change and improve as they mature. When my kitties get too wound up and aggressive, I say GIRLS! GIRLS! Love each other, you're sisters! It is enough to distract them and break up the squabble. I try hard to give them equal attention and praise. They are very sensitive and don't want to be left out. They love being talked to, and I believe they understand more than we think. When I talk to them before I go to sleep, I usually awake with one or both on the bed with me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Please don't give up yet! It really does sound like things are going in the right direction.

I appreciate its tough, two Bengal kittens are a handful at the best of times, but you are also dealing with Bengal kittens from different litters and different ages and you have children as well. So I totally understand that things will get on top of you - just come on here and we'll rally round you and try to lift you up again!

I found my two very difficult to cope with on my own when they were kittens. The other half was at sea and I was the object all their play aggression was aimed at the minute I was home from work. There were days I despaired of ever having any control at all, when they had both climbed up my back and ripped it to shreds, or Hendrix had jumped on my back when I was doing their litter trays, climbed on my head and then fallen off taking most of my hair with him, or Jagger would really want the nappy sack I use to clear out their litter trays, get totally overstimulated and really hurt me as he would hang from my legs or arms trying to wrestle the nappy sack from me. I can laugh about it now but it really got me down at the time.

But it all became a lot better all of a sudden. They suddenly knew the rules of the house and abided by them and calmed down. Your new girl is of great interest to him at the moment as there is the novelty factor, and clearly she wants to play as well now which is excellent, and you are moving closer and closer to the end result you are after. He will learn that when he gets rough, you break things up and play is stopped. I used to clap my hands when things got too rough for my liking and they would always stop and see what was up.

Keep going, you are so close and it will all be worth it!! Sending you a hug xx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh Clare .... you went through a lot with your two! But it's worth it in the end! Fifi 28, we are here for you! We will cheer you at every corner. Don't be alarmed if you have a slight setback with Olly and Kiara. The time will come when Olly sees her as a buddy -- sister -- and not as prey. Keep your house as stress free as possible. As Clare said, the novelty will wear off at some point. I love reading your updates with good news!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

There was no malicious intent from them though, which is why I persevered. They would just be so pleased to see you and want to spend time with you and play - they just can't control their excitement at that age, just like a toddler. Jagger was (is) prone to getting over stimulated but I learnt the trigger points and signs it was going to happen, so they learnt the behaviour that is rewarded and I learnt as well how to manage them.

The same will happen with you and your two, Fifi!

It's a massive learning curve but you will get there! And it is so worth it, I love watching mine play (rough as it is) and the love they give back to you is just wonderful.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Just know that toddlers eventually grow up into teenagers and then adults. Bengal remain three-year-olds their entire life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:35 pm 
Senior Bengal

Thank you all so much for your encouragement. It really means a lot. Me and my kids lost 2 if our cockatiels and had to rehome out first cat as she attacked my son so we can't go through another heartbreak. That's why I am stressed! Lol I am at work so not been with them today but as soon as I am with them i will give you an update. Plus I will get some pics if I can. X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I can understand that you don't want this the fail and it won't! You've got to have the confidence and carry this out with confidence. Today will be a good day for Olly and Kiara. I think you've definitely learned a lesson here that multiple cat households aren't always easy to integrate. In two months, you will wonder why on earth you ever thought they'd never get along. Daily updates would be great, especially if you see any little improvement.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:36 pm 
Senior Bengal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:18 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Congratulations! I know it's been a difficult almost two weeks, but it seems now things are going a lot, lot better! Kiara has found her confidence and she's settled in to where she is accepting play and wants to play with Olly. You'll still have to continue to supervise them for a while and not leave them alone together. I know you're over the moon with the progress that's been made.

As far as Kiara peeing outside the litter box, this does happen. Hopefully, this is a one-time thing for her. She's been through a lot in her young life. Hope to hear good things continue with the two of them.

As for my Raiden, here he is:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Wow! A Bengal who does what he is told - its not natural lol I wish ours would obey the command 'get down' but they blatantly ignore me even though I know they understand it! the kitchen counters will never be a Bengal free zone...

I can't tell you how pleased I am to hear your latest update. Looking forward to pics and here are my two tearaways, all tuckered out from a day of running me ragged lol

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Raiden does understand the word "no". I have to use it a lot on our walks as he wants to walk up to everyone's house! He also knows "get down." Which I use all the time when he's in front of my computer making sure he has my attention! Ugh!

Beautiful kitties, Clare.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Raiden, Hendrix and Jagger are such classic beauties!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next