[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - 2 Cats now - Quick Questions
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hey everyone, long time since i have been here.

We still have our first Bengal Lux and she just turned one.

Me and my Partner have moved to our parents place while we are saving for a house, and have been there about a month.

I just had some questions as she also has a cat (not sure what it is) which is also female, desexed and about the same age as Lux)

- We only have two litter boxes one up stairs and one downstairs which is Lux's area (I try to get the other cat out as i want Lux to have a safe spot to go to)

- Are the cats fine to share the litter tray up stairs as long as its cleaned daily?

- Can they share food bowls? normally biscuits

- Looks like play fighting but cant tell (they do sleep next to each other though)

THanks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think you need one extra litter box for Lux before any behavioral problems can set in. As for sharing food bowls, I think they should have their own food bowls. If they are snuggling up to one another, they aren't enemies. As long as their playing doesn't involve screaming in pain, you should be okay.

Good luck on saving for your home! It's great the parents have allowed you to return home.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I hoped my two kitties would share one litter box and everything was fine until one day all the cat beds were soaked with pee. Who knows why the sudden rebellion, but I ran out and got a second box. Now they both seem to use the new box. Okay, at least there have been no more peeing incidences (that I know of). I guess they are going through their teen age years. Personalities and habits change weekly. One of them is very territorial and jealous of the other.