[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - new kitten!!!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: new kitten!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:26 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi all,

I got my Bengal last week, she is about 12 weeks old. She is the friendliest little kitten and only took a day to get comfortable with me and my apartment. She is just so cuddly and cute (when she is not playing of course). Now I never expected when I got a Bengal for it to be a lap cat or cuddly, but she is just the sweetest. Wants to sit on me and takes naps on my chest. She sleeps at night with me in the bed, right at my side. Would you guys say that is just because she is a kitten, or do you think she will remain cuddly? I dont care either way, I was just curious.

Thanks!!

Carrie

Post subject: Re: new kitten!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:32 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Congratulations on your new fur baby. What a lovely time you must be having!

I think the truth is she may change - or may not....... Some stay cuddly, others stop. My two weren't extremely cuddly but the boy needed to nap touching the side of my body, like that was comforting and he took strokes well. His sister was even cuddlier, often wanting to climb up to my head and knead away whilst her tummy is stroked. She still loves that and, although she isn't a lap cat, needs several stroking, kneading, tummy rub sessions each day. I got them both at 12 weeks and they are now 15 months old.

The boy, however, went through a phase for a couple of months, when he was about 11 months old, when he just didn't want much to do with us. I think of it as a teenager fugg :) Lemme aloooooone!!!! However, he seems to have grown out of that and at least some of the time jumps up to settle in beside me on the sofa or the bed. As they become adults I think some of them at least will feel more independent for a while, and seem to get less cuddly. The times our boy chooses to snuggle in are made lovelier by the fact it is now about 2-3 times each week that he does that.

Your kitten will have her own personality so nobody really can tell you - you are lucky to have a nice cuddly kitten to begin with, though.

All the best

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My two were so attached to me when I got them at 4 months old. One of them especially never left my side and was always on me. The other one became more independent and seems to be controlling the clingy one so she isn't allowed on me and is sad about that. The control seems to take place during their "play" time. The clingy one is still close by me and reaches out with her paws. I scoop her up when I can and give her lots of love. The affection level is constantly changing with them. I loved it when they were little babies though. Enjoy it and maybe it will last.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You've become a surrogate mom to your kitten. While bengals are not known as lap cats, many love laying on laps. Raiden has been known to hop up on mine a few times. Enjoy the bonding time. Bengals are super affectionate and they are quite social. Yours will follow you around everywhere and want to be in the middle of all the action. Raiden is always in the same room I am. When I move to another, he follows me. He may fall asleep in the living room, but once we've settled into bed and he's woken up and realized we aren't there, he jumps up in between us and spends the rest of the night there. You're very lucky to have such an affectionate and loving kitty who has adjusted so well. You are in for a wonderful ride.