It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:21 pm 
Bengal Kitten

The cat is 8 months.

I have multiple scenarios which I have tried to search for answers but unfortunately I have not found any answers.

1) When I try to pet him he keeps moving away just enough so I am out of range to pet him. Often I also let him smell me so he knows who I am but even so he just avoids me.

2) Picking him up is often difficult because he keeps moving away and hides under objects which prevents me from picking him up or touch him.

3) Often he walks towards me, but in reality he walks pass by me and sits with his back towards me

4) He use me as a scrathing tree and jumps up and bit my cloths or attacks my leg or arm.

We do provide him play time several times during the day.
Activities is running after him and then run away and hide from from him, and he then chase you and finds you.
Playing with strings and stick with his favorite star.

Playing with him is fine but when it comes to quiet time he is aggressive and scratching and biting.
We would like him to also settle down calm and quiet. BTW he is neutered when he was 6 months.

Any advice is welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:21 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Not sure what is going on with your kitty! If he's scared of you or backs away, then he's frightened. He may have experienced something at the breeders. You simply have to gain his trust again. You engage him in play, so he is interacting with you. Almost all cats love to be petted. Not all bengals like being picked up and held. I would suggest you have a cat tree or shelves on the wall so he can climb and be high up in the air. They seem to have more confidence when they are up there. Kittens will scratch and bite while being playful. Just engage your kitty in play with a toy.

Every cat has a distinct personality and you can never figure out what a cat is thinking. I do hope your kitty is not hiding away because he's in some type of pain. You might want to have him checked out by a vet just to eliminate any medical conditions that could be contributing to this.

Just have a lot of patience and try to work with him a little each day.