It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:02 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hey all! My 5 month old Seal Mink Bengal who we have had for a month does this thing where she will come up to us and just bite us anywhere on our body and just keep her teeth in you or bite a few times in the general area (and not softly!) She will come up to my boyfriend while he is sleeping and give him a chomp on his back. Now this never happens when we are petting her - she is a purr machine very loving and gentle. But these random moments in the night and a couple times a day are so random for her. She will also do it to blankets and the bed - just start biting like crazy.

She also kneads a lot and sucks on our skin and sucks on blankets a lot - missing mommy still? :(

Just want to make sure it's nothing to be worried about! She gave us a scare a few weeks ago- tested positive for FELV and during that time she was so very ill, didn't think she'd make it through some nights. Then came back a false positive and she was suddenly fine. And she's healthy now, eating, playing, jumping, urinating and pooping fine. She's not spayed yet...

Thanks all!! I love these forums they are so helpful

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Are you spending a lot of time engaging her in play? Bengals love to interact with their humans. She may be biting to get the attention she's demanding. Adult cat will knead blankets -- mine does it at age 7. I'm sure that FeLV test result frightened you. But glad she's actually fine. Hope you have a cat tree or shelves so she can climb. Bengal kittens are especially high energy and you really need to be able to keep up with them.

Congratulations on your baby girl!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I adopted two seal lynx point bengal kittens two months ago. They are like no other cat I have ever met. They are both so loving, purr often and always want me to pet them. They follow me everywhere, and I play with them a lot. They have many toys, scratching posts and a screened in patio to enjoy as well. They get lots of exercise too. One of them (Grace) is an angle during the day but at night she attacks my feet, ankles and lower legs quite viciously. She has woken me up from a sound sleep by puncturing my ankle with her fang and I always have scratches on my feet. Yelling at her does nothing, she continues her attack. If I toss a pillow in her direction she will step down to the bench at the foot of the bed but just long enough to plan her next attack. This happens generally when I first get in bed or early in the morning. I thought it was possibly because they were hungry so I started giving them a small snack before bedtime. That helped eliminate the 11pm attack, but she still does this around 5am. The other cat has never done this but she does jump on my back if I bend over or stand close enough for her to jump onto me from a chair. They sleep so sweetly by my head through the night and I really enjoy that about them so I don't want to lock them out of the bedroom. I could bring a water gun to bed incase I am attacked, but honestly I have never had a cat do this.