It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Mi Lionita es Malvada
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:08 am 
Senior Bengal

"My baby lion is evil"

In a playful way, back when she used to play with me. Things have changed since she reached 2 years old. She has the lay of the land of the place we live in and there's a lot less exploring, and even less playing. The problem is, she's clicker trained. She knows how to get the treats and she knows when it's time to be rewarded during training sessions... when we used to play, there's no treats and only petting as a reward. I see the problem and the potential solution (feed her treats during play time) but I don't know how to break the cycle until she actually shows some interest in playing so I can actually reward her.

I'm stumped, help!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Once clicker trained, that's probably it! I don't know a cat that doesn't like a treat. I don't have Raiden do anything for his. When he wants one, he will go up to my husband and get them. I've never given him any treats -- only my husband. Problem is, Raiden will go up to hubby's recliner and turn to me and cry and I just tell him, "daddy will be home soon." Hubby also gives Raiden great massages (I get one every now and then, too).