[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Poll: Your bengal(s) litterbox habits
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

How good is my bengal at using the litterbox:
Flawless 59%  59%  [ 110 ]
Very occasional problems 22%  22%  [ 41 ]
Sometimes has problems 10%  10%  [ 19 ]
Frequently has problems 5%  5%  [ 9 ]
Constantly has problems 4%  4%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 186
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:30 pm 
Bengal Kitten

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:26 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Our half year old cat hasn't had any accidents yet. But speaking of habits; she likes to just dig in her litter boxes (not talking about after she's been to the toilet) for reasons unknown. This can go on for 10 minutes several times a day.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:00 am 
Bengal Kitten

Well, my litter boxes are in the laundry room (really no other good location for them). So I found that I cannot use laundry baskets and must have closed hampers. They just think... it's shaped like a litter box... I can dig in it... it's in the poop room... must be for my waste elimination needs! Can't blame them for making that logical leap now can I?! Besides that they are perfect. The only other thing is that when they have a fur ball moment they do look for a towel or paper to cover the spot. Someone took a t-shirt off my dresser and dragged it into the living room to place on a spot that someone barfed on. I found it and wondered how it got there. When I picked it up... Surprise! They really want to help me clean. I just wish they had thumbs sometimes...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:08 pm 
Bengal Kitten

So far so good with my 6 year old F2 Nisha, however the breeder said that she absolutely refused to use the box for both #1 and #2 in her enclosure or while in the house while pregnant. Thats one reason she was placed with me, I had a sun room with tile floor if she needed to be kept in an area due to potty issues. Hopefully, once she is let to roam the house she will continue to be good. So either having her spayed did the trick or giving her a more "normal" kitty life has made her happy, probably a combo of the two.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:49 pm 
Bengal Kitten

We've had our bengals for 2 weeks tomorrow and they are nearly 12 weeks old. Lirael is fine with using the litter box and has not eliminated outside of it. Lars on the other hand has urinated 4 times outside of the litter box. He did have stress cystitis in the first week which we treated with pain relief and Feliway. He then urinated in the play tunnel; we were actually happy that he had been! the second was in a cardboard box, the third this morning on a pile of clothes in our bedroom and fourth this afternoon under a small table in the lounge. We only have one litter box, which I clean after every poop (both use the box for poop) and completely clean and disinfect twice a week. and the last time I had just cleaned the box and changed the litter so not sure why he did it. The cat litter is the same that the breeder used and she didn't report any problems.

If it carries on I will get another litter box!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:48 pm 
Senior Bengal

So far the kids are awesome at using the box. I have two cats and two boxes. I noticed that over the month I've had them one predominantly uses one and one uses the other.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:41 am 
Bengal Kitten

Flawless so far at 5 months old. But the mess he makes with the Kitty litter flinging everywhere is another story.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Flawless.

I thought my two girls were peeing outside the box a couple of months ago, turns out it was my neighbor's dog that visited every weekend. He peed on three cat beds and I witnessed him peeing on the leg of a chair in their litter box room. I think my cats would rather chew off their paws than go outside their box. I can't believe I thought they were the ones. The dog has not been over for the past 6 weeks and no more "accidents" have occurred.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:39 am 
Senior Bengal

Sheena is three months old. Only one time (thank GOD) she ran around my bed playing and stopped to pee. I think she really had to go. It hasn't happened a second time. :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:59 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Well I don't feel alone now. Jack our 5 yr old boy who we have had for 2 years now seems to hit his little box most time but also frequently pees all around the outside of the box. My wife's comment " well most boys can't hit the toilet either"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:32 am 
Bengal Cat

I don't think one Cat breed is more prone to improper urination more than another.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Magic is very clean apart from occasionally he overhangs his box with his bum and a bit of poo will roll out onto the floor, but he has never been to the toilet anywhere he shouldn't

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:47 pm 
Bengal Kitten

My new kitten will use litter box about 25% of the time and the carry box the rest. I don't really mind her doing this as it is better than her doing her were and poop all over the house.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:01 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Leo insists upon using it whenever I'm in there clearing it out =_=

even though there are 2 of them and one is always clean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:58 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Mika is usually pretty good but will pee on my bed or my dirty clothes if she becomes upset somehow and I've left the door to my room open or my clothes on the floor.

I can pretty much guarantee that, if I am gone overnight and I've left my bedroom door open, she will pee in the middle of the bed. She also peed on my bed once when my parent's dog came for a sleepover during Christmas (she hadn't ever met a dog before).

If I have left dirty laundry on the floor (sometimes clean laundry too), she will take little mini pees in it. It's not a full pee, because it's not always noticeable until I go to pick the clothes up and, I think anyone who has smelled a full on Bengal pee will agree that, a full pee does NOT go unnoticed!! The little pees are an annoyance but it just encourages me to keep a tidy house!

I also discovered that, if she dislikes you, she will pee on your stuff. I found this out when she started peeing on all my roommates stuff whenever she left it out. She peed on three different blankets that belonged to my roommate, she peed on the spot on the couch where my roommate liked to sit (twice) and she peed in my roommates dirty laundry basket (twice). Luckily, I managed to clean everything up before my roommate noticed every time but it was a struggle and there were some close calls. I tried to ask the roommate to tidy up after herself and not leave things out, but I also didn't want to tell her Mika had peed on stuff. It just ended up that she didn't think she was doing anything wrong or leaving things in an untidy way so she never did change and because I didn't want come right out and say, "put your bleeping bleep the bleep away or my cat will pee on it and I'm tired of cleaning it up because you can't be bothered to fold a blanket and put it in the linen closet or put your dirty laundry hamper in your bedroom instead of in the kitchen" I just ended up moving ...

There were other reasons too but since we left, Mika has had only one ... maybe two mini pees and that's it (and, again, my fault for leaving dirty laundry on the floor). No other inappropriate peeing to date so, I think she is much happier and less stressed in our new place.