[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - The Characterisitics of the Bengal Cat
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:08 pm 
The Bengal Cat is a extremely intelligent breed. They have alot of personality, are lively, alert to anything new and are very curious to learn. With a little patience they can be even taught tricks, such as retrieving an item, sitting up, and rolling over.

Bengal's are also fantastic climbers, climbing anything within reach, they can also leap to huge heights. The bengal breed is also said to have a liking for water and will often try to join you in the shower or bath, so toilet seats down at all times is a must.

Bengals make a variety of sounds, and can be quite vocal, besides the usual cat noises, they have also been said to make a interesting short barking sound. But do not mistake the Bengal for an extremely noisy cat, as they only tend to be vocal when they feel the need.

All in all, the Bengal cat is a truly fabulous breed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:54 am 
Bengal Kitten

one of my cats dose the chitter bark...its so funny.
The other Growls ....and he really sounds twice his size when he dose it. Dose anyone know why the Growling? He seems to only do it when he is looking out the window...possibally at another cat or Dog that passes his territory..Do any of you have experience with it? Woundering if it is a Bengal trait. I have never heard a cat growl like that except large ones lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 1:19 pm 
Senior Bengal

Not to worry about your kitty growling out the window. All cats are territiorial. Bengals do seem to have a "beefier" growl than other breeds, though. It's not a Bengal thing, it's a cat thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 2:20 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I found out what my male has been growling at. Take a look at our new neibor. It seems he was garding the house against this strange animal hes never encountered before! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 2:26 pm 
<!--QuoteBegin-Jennifer+May 7 2004, 01:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jennifer @ May 7 2004, 01:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I found out what my male has been growling at. Take a look at our new neibor. It seems he was garding the house against this strange animal hes never encountered before! lol [/quote]
LOL....Luckily in the UK we don't have to worry about one of those wondering into our backyard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 2:45 pm 
:D That is funny!!

Someone on another forum said their bengal went biserk meowing and growling when it saw a thief breaking into the family car!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:19 pm 
Bengal Cat

<!--QuoteBegin-Siobhan+May 4 2004, 05:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Siobhan @ May 4 2004, 05:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The Bengal Cat is a extremely intelligent breed. They have alot of personality, are lively, alert to anything new and are very curious to learn. With a little patience they can be even taught tricks, such as retrieving an item, sitting up, and rolling over.

[/quote]
Siobhan,

All of that is true, but not all Bengals will do tricks. My boys are so intelligent that they sit and let me demonstrate how to go retrieve the toy that was thrown. They get this look on their face that says, "Well, you are the one who threw it. I you wanted it, why did you throw it away? Now YOU go and get it." I did it so often that they would get bored with my stupidity and just walk away with a disgusted look on their cute little faces. Three of my sister Bengals will fetch, but the others won't. My boys don't like to get their feet wet either. Only on of them will play with the water from the faucet and hit it all over the kitchen. No, they don't like the clicker I bought. It was a curiousity for the sound of it, but once they figured where it was coming from, they lost interest. Both of them like to do their own thing and then come around when they want to for a pet or two as if saying, "Hey, aren't I wonderful, Mom? Did you see me do that?" haha. Koby has big, green, innocent eyes and a face that would melt the hardest heart. He looks at me after he does something naughty (which is very often) as if to say, "I didn't do anything. No, not me. I'm an angel who never does anything wrong." Kaly is so nosy that nothing gets past him. He has to be into everything, smelling it and giving it his "Kaly cat" approval. He has gold eyes and a wild face. He always looks worried...even as a small kitten :-) We keep telling him to relax, everything will be okay and the sky isn't falling. grin Their favorite toys are the mylar wand toys. I play games with them on the bed with that wand and a blanket or sheet. I hide the mylar part and make it appear to crawl under the covers like a mouse. They have to find it, pounce on it and eventually get it out from under what covers it. They play this rather aggressively and I usually get wounded several times with flying claws, but its fun and silly. Other than that, their fun is using the hallway as their own racetrack and knocking anyone over who steps in their way. ;) or climbing and playing all over our tall cat tree, looking for real or imagined enemy cats in the window blinds or scattering food or whatever all over the house so mom can have fun and pick it all up while we watch her. I told you that I am trained. <g>

Nan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:40 pm 
Bengal Cat

<!--QuoteBegin-Jennifer+May 7 2004, 06:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jennifer @ May 7 2004, 06:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> \Take a look at our new neibor. It seems he was garding the house against this strange animal hes never encountered before! lol

[/quote]
Ahhhhh, he's cute. Our cats want to play with the kind of cats that are black and white and have bushy tails. Our neighborhood is always "blessed" with skunks (and their smells) all year long. Its called "San Diego perfume" by just about everyone, much to the horror of our busy Visitors and Tourism Bureau. Our backyard is a pathway to other yards at night. They tunnel right under the fences. San Diego's climate and wild open space and canyons is perfect for skunks, oppossums and raccoons as well as various kinds of birds, crows and other wild thingys so we frequently resemble the wild kingdom around here. haha Several years ago, one of our domestic cats got out to play with the pretty black and white "cat" who was on our back porch one day. My cat got up on the chair and let the little pole kitty (skunk) play down below her. They touched noses and we just about had heart attacks as we helplessly watched from inside the kitchen a few feet away. Turns out they just co-existed until the skunk wandered away, but Missy just knew to stay up in the chair and not come down. The young skunk didn't spray. We have had lots of adventures with wildlife. Some I never want to have again. lol Now if a neighborhood cat comes around, batten down the hatches. Its a yowling, spitting, howling, hissing, spraying match on both sides of our windows and doors. The "enemy" cat knows they can't get out and they know he can't get to them so its all a big pose. Silly animals.

Nan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

<!--QuoteBegin-Jennifer+May 7 2004, 01:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jennifer @ May 7 2004, 01:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I found out what my male has been growling at. Take a look at our new neibor. It seems he was garding the house against this strange animal hes never encountered before! lol

[/quote]
:lol: We have a backyard full of raccoons once the sun sets. Milo will watch them for hours if he gets the chance. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:20 pm 
Let one in the house and see what happens :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:04 am 
The Real Boss

<!--QuoteBegin-Gavin+Mar 3 2005, 08:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gavin @ Mar 3 2005, 08:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Let one in the house and see what happens :lol: [/quote]
LOL :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:31 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

<!--QuoteBegin-Gavin+Mar 3 2005, 08:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gavin @ Mar 3 2005, 08:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Let one in the house and see what happens :lol: [/quote]
Milo would want to play with it I'm sure. :D

They're out there right now, and Milo as usual is stationed by the door watching them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:04 am 
I wish we got more wildlife for them to watch, we get hardly anything, the occasional bird and that's it, Hestia gets so excited it's funny, I love the chattering noise she makes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That's one of the reasons we bought this house. Our backyard end in the woods. We have everything. Birds, raccoons, possums, skunks, chipmonks, field mice, deer and even a muskrat found his way up from the creek to our birdfeeder :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:24 pm 
The Real Boss

<!--QuoteBegin-Astrolaura+Mar 4 2005, 01:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Astrolaura @ Mar 4 2005, 01:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->We have everything. Birds, raccoons, possums, skunks, chipmonks, field mice, deer and even a muskrat found his way up from the creek to our birdfeeder :lol:[/quote]
How cool is that?

We just get loads of starlings and seagulls, both of which are awful. Although I have occasionally found a monkey mowing the lawn but that?s VERY rare...I normally have to do it myself! :lol: