Very occasional problems 23%  23%  [ 37 ]
Sometimes has problems 11%  11%  [ 17 ]
Frequently has problems 5%  5%  [ 8 ]
Constantly has problems 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 159
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Siren wrote:
Mika is usually pretty good but will pee on my bed or my dirty clothes if she becomes upset somehow and I've left the door to my room open or my clothes on the floor.

I can pretty much guarantee that, if I am gone overnight and I've left my bedroom door open, she will pee in the middle of the bed. She also peed on my bed once when my parent's dog came for a sleepover during Christmas (she hadn't ever met a dog before).

If I have left dirty laundry on the floor (sometimes clean laundry too), she will take little mini pees in it. It's not a full pee, because it's not always noticeable until I go to pick the clothes up and, I think anyone who has smelled a full on Bengal pee will agree that, a full pee does NOT go unnoticed!! The little pees are an annoyance but it just encourages me to keep a tidy house!

I also discovered that, if she dislikes you, she will pee on your stuff. I found this out when she started peeing on all my roommates stuff whenever she left it out. She peed on three different blankets that belonged to my roommate, she peed on the spot on the couch where my roommate liked to sit (twice) and she peed in my roommates dirty laundry basket (twice). Luckily, I managed to clean everything up before my roommate noticed every time but it was a struggle and there were some close calls. I tried to ask the roommate to tidy up after herself and not leave things out, but I also didn't want to tell her Mika had peed on stuff. It just ended up that she didn't think she was doing anything wrong or leaving things in an untidy way so she never did change and because I didn't want come right out and say, "put your bleeping bleep the bleep away or my cat will pee on it and I'm tired of cleaning it up because you can't be bothered to fold a blanket and put it in the linen closet or put your dirty laundry hamper in your bedroom instead of in the kitchen" I just ended up moving ...

There were other reasons too but since we left, Mika has had only one ... maybe two mini pees and that's it (and, again, my fault for leaving dirty laundry on the floor). No other inappropriate peeing to date so, I think she is much happier and less stressed in our new place.

I've read things like this and that is why I never put any clothing on the floor, not even socks. I don't think they would do it, but I don't want to tempt fate. Grace's guilty pleasure is chewing on things. The other week a woman was visiting and had her purse on the floor just behind where she was sitting. Grace kept rubbing her face against the handles, then I saw her start to chew them! You know purses can be expensive so I had the woman put her purse up on the sofa where she was sitting. No way Grace would go up there next to her, not even for a good chew.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:45 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Yup ... it is annoying but, honestly, if I didn't leave stuff on the floor, she wouldn't pee on it. Since I moved, she hasn't peed on the couch, on my bed or on the area rug and I bet she would have in the old place. She really hated my roommate. I still don't really know why. If I pick up after myself, she is fine and only pees in her litter boxes.

Little Mika quirks ... lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:31 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Quentin has always been flawless ! He often likes to visit every litter (4 litters for 3 cats) before choosing THE one, and talks to them before using them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:55 am 
Bengal Cat

We have two 7 month old males - the early signs of impeccable sharing of one large covered litter tray is staring to go downhill :sad:

They have been with us just under a month and there have been three occasions of 'dirty footprints' and too much litter around the box than is ideal. On one occasion poo was ejected! Yuk. On the bright side: our floor and hard surfaces are more hygienically clean now than ever :smile:

This hasn't been helped by one of the two boys having rather soft stools therefore even the slightest catch of your brother's doings with his foot whilst covering-up can result in this I suppose. (I'll raise a new thread re. advice regarding kitten food and soft stools)

I've accepted that it just has to be two litter trays and will have to find the floor space, giving it some thought we feed them in the kitchen already - it would be wrong to try and feed them in the small utility room in close proximity to the toilet!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:13 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I am at a loss. I have 2 cats one us a bean gal and the other a Russian blue. My beangal refuses to us the litter box to pee, but always poops in a littler box. I currently have 2 litter boxes and have had up to 4 at one time. If I see her getting ready to pee and I pick her up and put her in the litter box, she will scratch, get out and then go pee somewhere else. I don't know what I can do to change this habit. I have struggled with it since we got her at 12 weeks and she is now 3 years old. My husband wants to get rid of her, but really we just want her to pee in a litter box. Not on the carpet, desk, clothes, floor, couch, etc... does anyone have any suggestions?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:53 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

mikocat wrote:
I am at a loss. I have 2 cats one us a bean gal and the other a Russian blue. My beangal refuses to us the litter box to pee, but always poops in a littler box. I currently have 2 litter boxes and have had up to 4 at one time. If I see her getting ready to pee and I pick her up and put her in the litter box, she will scratch, get out and then go pee somewhere else. I don't know what I can do to change this habit. I have struggled with it since we got her at 12 weeks and she is now 3 years old. My husband wants to get rid of her, but really we just want her to pee in a litter box. Not on the carpet, desk, clothes, floor, couch, etc... does anyone have any suggestions?

There are a whole bunch of things to try:

* Try a different type of litter
* Make sure the boxes are kept extremely clean
* Get bigger boxes
* If the boxes are covered type, get the uncovered type
* Get additional boxes and put them right where she "goes" inappropriately
* Make sure she's not struggling to "go", or has any blood in her pee/poo
* Get a vet checkup
* Use "Cat attract" litter
* Use feliway
* Use enzimatic cleaner to get rid of her pee

I assume you've tried many/most of these if you've been dealing with it for 3 years now. Probably the best thing to try at this point would be to hire a cat behaviorist. I believe this is probably the #1 thing they deal with, so they should have a gameplan for dealing with this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:46 pm 
Bengal Kitten

mikocat wrote:

This is an article I found very helpful: http://catinfo.org/the-litter-box-from- ... t-of-view/
I changed the type of litter and the boxes itself after reading this and have never had problems since. Hope it helps you.