[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - I am completely confused
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I am completely confused
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:17 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I was on another bengal forum and told them about the breeder i am getting my kitten from. These people said i should be staying away from them since they dont have any titles on the show circut not even a championship and that they are letting the kittens go with only their first vaccination and de-wormer and that they arent leaving fixed but that seems mean to me to get a kitten fixed before 6 months old and that is always what my vet says and i trust his opinion more then anything. This is the website to the breeder i am getting my kitten from. They pretty much did just start their cattery. http://www.paintedbengals.com/

I got this in my email at the other forum.

I'm a bit concerned with this cattery you are choosing. I looked up the website. Am concerned that they do NOT have titles on any of their breeding cats - not even championship.

One of the signs of a good cattery is the breeding cats are at least champions if not grands or the females have produced quality cats. This is a red flag to me when they don't even show.

They list a show but do not say they were ever entered. Another red flag.

And I don't like that they only have FIRST vaccinations and worming. If they are good breeders, they will not release the kittens till 3-4 mnoths old and ALL their shots are given by them - not just one set of shots - a BIG red flag IMO.

I'd be a little leary about buying a kitten from them. Seem nice on the surface, but too many red flags as far as I'm concerned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:36 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

the rules on vaccinations aren't so strict in america and canada. it is considered acceptable to allow kittens to leave after the first vaccinations, whereas here in the UK they aren't allowed to leave until a week after the second vaccs.
it is not essential to early neuter either although many breeders prefer to. these things are personal choice there.
the cats are from well known catteries who have shown their cats & gained titles...not everybody shows although it is a sign that you are working to improve lines & meet the breed standards. just because they haven't shown or gained titles yet doesn't mean they may not intend to or are not breeding for improvement.
i would suggest you trust your instincts...as long as their cats are being raised in good conditions & their temperaments will speak for them selves, & the breeders are answering any questions you have & you are satisfied with them, then i wouldn't worry what these people are saying to you.
you had warning bells with the last breeders but i think you have felt comfortable with these ones so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:46 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I do i trust my insticts and these people are amazingly nice and they raise their cats underfoot and actually care alot about them. When we first went to meet them the first thing they did was showed us their contract for when you get one of their kittens and all three of their cats 6 generation pedigrees. As soon as i got the email from the other forum i came right on here and asked as i trust everyones opinion here more then i do there. I could just never imagine getting a kitten fixed before 6 months of age. I am not sure if they are similar i had a pitbull puppy who was fixed at just two months of age from a breeder and we almost ended up losing her so that is why i wait until 6 months old to get any animals fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:55 am 
Senior Bengal

TBH, I think that was not a nice thing to do, whoever sent you that PM doesn't really have anything to do with your desicion. I don't know this person and he/she's relationship to you so I should keep my mouth shut :lol: it could be well intended but then only one point that this person pointed out do I agree with. Could they maybe be jealous of you getting the kitten? or could it be a sheep in wofls clothing kind of thing? maybe they are trying to sabotage this breeder? All depends really.

Yes, most breeders do keep the kittens till they have had both sets of vacinations. This is to make sure not only that the kittens have their first vacinations but also to make sure that they are okay after the shots before they go to their new owners. To make sure that you are getting a healthy and well kept kitten.

Not all breeders show their Bengals for all sorts of reason's. Some may not have the time or resouces to do so. Some may not enjoy the show circut as it does have alot of bitchy people with held in it. Like all of the breeding world I might add. Maybe they just don't like to do it or can't do. I wouldn't think that would be cause to call them BAD breeders. The main reason to show your cat's is to get them noticed and as an extra hobby, some enjoy it, some don't.

Okay, so maybe you aren't getting a Bengal that isn't from championship lines. This person could be concerend that this could be showing up as a BYB. To solve that all you need to do is check that her cattery name is registered with TIBCS abd TICA. If they are then you have nothing to worry about. It means they are indeed legit.

There are Gogess and Dazledot's Stud cat's shown on her page. I have heard of these Breeders and would doubt that she wouldn't be legit. Don't quote me on that as I don't know them personally just recognise the names.

Some other people on here may have heard of your breeder, maybe some of the other breeders will know her and be able to help you out more. But the only "red flag" for me is that she is letting them go before their second vacs. Other than that and checking that her cattery is indeed registered then it all looks fine to me. I know different people and places do it all differently there are alot that I know do it the same, but not all.

Just check that she is TICA and TIBCS registered and so long as you make sure and give your little kitty it's second set of vacs then all should go fine :wink: It is important that they have their first vacs :D

Some breeders do prefer to nuter/spay early, but some don't, that's not a red flag it's personal choice. I don't agree with early neutering/spaying at all.I think they have enoughto cope with whe they are still so young. but everyone to their own. It does not make them bad breeders because they choose not to do this.

Hope that helped you a little :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:00 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ditto to what everyone else said above. :wink:

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:17 am 
Senior Bengal

This topic helped me too. I was wondering about whether or not early spay/neutering was considered ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:36 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

This person will not deter me from getting a kitten from them. I dont know if it is jealousy or something else that this person has a problem with. There was two people who voiced their opinions and one breeds ocicats and not sure about the lady who posted that since she said she had a registered cornish rex and what looks to be an ocicat so i dont even think she is a breeder just someone who thinks they are always correct and know what they are talking about. On her profile on the other site she seems to be quite rude and telling people to stay away from certain breeders of my bengal and someone wanting a cornish rex. I think from now on either i will stay away from that forum or just dont have a conversation with her. Someone else on here i think has a kitten from dazzledots or a kitten from dazzledot parents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:55 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:38 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:44 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:25 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hestia Gone but not forgotten, RIP sweet princess.
Zeus Gone but not forgotten, RIP big fella, our Nookie bear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:23 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat