[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Our 1st Bengal (F3 "Naula")
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:05 am 
Bengal Kitten

Ok so we are having a little bit of an issue with Tink..we have a covered litter box that our other cat cleo used in the downstairs bathroom. With tink being a kitten, I thought we could probably get her to get used to using Cleo's litter box. We did have a seperate litter box however in our bedroom. Due to the smell, and the fact that she throws litter everywhere when using the box, we tried moving the litter box she has been using downstairs near the other litter box. She has pooped in our bedroom in the opposite corner multiple times, and she also peed on our sheets last night. She uses the litter box fine upstairs and I have put her in her litter box when it was downstairs and she used it. it is almost like she is either too lazy or scared to go downstairs during the night and use it, therefore she just does it wherever in our bedroom. what approach can i take to try and break her of this habit? i understand it will take some time to teach her, but like i said, i would eventually like to get her and cleo using the same box. The litter box is plenty big enough and she is a kitten so she should be able to learn. Please help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:57 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Your new kitten is gorgeous. I think some families are suited for younger kittens and some families are suited for older cats. Me and my fiancee have tried kittens before ourselves and our older cat does not like them and they do not suit our life style so that is why we got a 1 year old retired bengal from a breeder. She has only been with us for a week but has settled in great with us.

Post subject: More potty issues
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:51 am 
Bengal Kitten

I removed Tink's litter box from upstairs because I have seen her using the litter box downstairs every day since i last posted my message. She was doing really good, however this morning while i was getting ready for work i noticed she had her tail lifted weird sitting on my blanket on the bed..i finally realized she was peeing on my blanket. does anyone know why she would suddenly do this when she knows where the litter box is and has no problem using it? it is almost like she doesnt like going downstairs without us because she is so attached to us..she follows us around the house like a dog all day which is normally cute (until she wont go downstairs to use the restroom)any suggestions?

Post subject: Quality?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:55 am 
Bengal Kitten

I agree Tink is gorgeous Tia's Mom-as is your cat! does she look like a "quality" Bengal to you from the pictures? i dont know a whole lot about the breeder she came from, and i have done quite a bit of research on the traits of Bengals. I think she is beautiful but I do wonder how much "Bengal" she really is. I have reason to believe after we got her that she came from a backyard breeder, therefore i question if she really is much Bengal at all? regardless, she makes a great pet and fits in the house wonderfully. I will post more pics soon. I am just looking for someones opinion as pages I have read say Bengals have more rounded ears, thicker tails, etc etc and with her being so small, it is kinda hard to tell. i also do not have any experience prior with Bengals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:13 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

It could most likely be she doesnt like the kind of litter that you are using. Did the breeder tell you what type of litter they were using with tink.

To me she looks 100 percent bengal because of the rosettes. It is very hard to find a decent breeder who is in it for the quality and not the quantanty. I had that problem from tias breeder and they ended up being very rude.

Thaank you she was a gorgeous cat but we did have sort of the same problems as you with tia as she was attacking everyone that picked her up which is not what we needed so we ended up giving her back to the breeder we got her from. We have found a new amazing breeder who we were able to visit and ask lots of questions too and so far she has answered every question i have asked her. We will also be getting a pedigree and when the kitten is old enough to be fixed then we get registration papers so our kitten can be registered with TICA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:37 am 
Bengal Kitten

No, I didn't actually get her from the breeder...he had a huge story as to why he was getting rid of the cats and I got her through a pet shop for a ridiculously low price. Therefore, i didn't have the opportunity to ask what kind of litter. The thing is, she almost always uses the litter box...I have another cat (a 4 year old named cleo) and tink is actually using the box she uses. I had another box available, but because she wasn't using it, I got rid of it..this was over a week ago that I got rid of it, so I don't think she is rebelling because it is gone. I plan on giving it a little time before I decide whether or not to add the box back. We just hate having a litter box in our bedroom. It is small and I don't [particularly like being woke up to the smell of cat poop in the middle of the night :) Since we got Tink for such a low price ($75), we do not get papers on her. that also makes me think she is not pure bred, but everyone who has seen her says she looks pure bred. Like I said, it doesn't really matter, either way we are keeping her, its just nice to know what she is!! Thanks for the help! By the way, is the cat in the picture by the litter box tia? And is she the cat you have now or have you since taken her back and got a new cat? if so, post some pictures!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:30 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Without pedigree papers there is no real way to tell if she is from two 100% pure Bengal parents. Pet shop buying always comes with a risk as all they do is support BYB. She does have the rosettes..It will be interesting to see how she grows and changes. Bare in mind she's probably going through the "fuzzy" phase right now and her coat will become more clear and vibrant as she grows

As for the litter issue. She probably does not like the smell of Cleo's litter tray, we have a Bengal kitten and she uses a different box to her Ragdoll brothers. She might have used it on occasions but if there's a nice clean soft bedsheet available she will likely take that as preference then doing her business where there's stinky strange smells. If you catch my drift? Perhaps you can re-introduce the other tray, and then slowly begin to move it downstairs, a little at a time...each day move it another foot or so away from it's original location. She should follow.

Have you spayed the bed with something like Urine off? or something similar to get rid of any light smells that might be attracting her back? Also the carpet when she did poo's too. I learnt from that mistake, I use to scrub the spot thinking it was spotless, but the underlying odour was still there.

Anyway, hope things work out, she's a little cutie - no matter if she's pure or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:22 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:54 am 
Asian Leopard Cat