[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Big Belly
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bit of a late start for me today as I was working nights again last night. There's no change in Max really today, either for better or worse. We're back at the vets for more treatment tomorrow so she'll assess him again.

One thing's for sure, he can't continue the way he is, and although it's not got to the stage where he can't move or anything, there's no point prolonging him in the state that he is. It's stressful and miserable for all concerned. We also have to think about the effect it has on Millie too, because whilst Max is in the position he is, she can't enjoy herself either. I think they're very close because they sleep together and stay together quite a bit and although I received a message which might suggest that Millie wouldn't really bother about Max, and that might indicate something wrong with her, the fact is, she stays with him of her own accord anyway. But they're both at the vets anyway, so if there is anything wrong with her, we should find out tomorrow.

I would imagine that we'd probably give it about a week to see if there is any development in his condition, one way or the other. Obviously, if he's worse, then that will be that. If there appears to be any improvement, then we'll give him every chance. Max is starting to go to the toilet where he shouldn't though and if he's losing control there, it's another indication of things getting worse. Tomorrow might turn out to be a big day for us, so I'll let you know what happens then...

As ever, many thanks for your continuing support and good wishes.

Lance

We're on Facebook! www.facebook.com/jupiter.victor

Visit the Jupiter and Victor TV Channel!
www.justin.tv/jupitervictor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I really do feel it for you, we tried our best with a kitten, for around 2 months, after he was knocked over, he lost all bowel control and his tail was broke. We did persevere until I couldnt any more, I had an 18 month old at the time and she kept finding his deposits and putting her hands in it. I moved the cat to live in the shed, after a week we felt it was too cruel for the cat so we had him put down. We were all very upset. the kitten was only 9 months old.

So whatever you do decide to do tomorrow, I feel it for you and your partner as well as millie. Our thoughts are with you Lance.

Hestia Gone but not forgotten, RIP sweet princess.
Zeus Gone but not forgotten, RIP big fella, our Nookie bear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

gutted for you all... :(
My heart goes out to you.. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:58 am 
Senior Bengal

There comes a time when all options need to be considered not only for poor little Max but yourself, your partner and Millie. These are not easy dicisions to make and should not be made with the heart but with the well being of every one in mind. As Michelle has already said we had to several years ago and I know it's not easy.

We all hope and pray it does not come down to this, but we all also know that Max is being given every chance possible and you have not let him down.

Good luck Lance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I can only imagine what your going through. thinking of you x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

This is so sad, what a terrible and unfair decision to have to make :cry: You'll know yourself when he's had enough but until then just enjoy every minute you can with him.

Hope the vet has some good news about Millie.

Love and hugs to you all. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:00 pm 
Senior Bengal

Ugh...this is just so hard for me to read, but I want to give you my full support. I know how hard this is for you and am sending many good thoughts and prayers your way.

It's just a day by day thing right now and am hoping for the best...It's just the most gut wrenching feeling knowing that there is noting you can do to help them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Good afternoon everyone.

Well, we've been to the vets this afternoon, with both Max and Millie. That surgery is becoming my second home!

The vet said that she was quite surprised that Max hadn't actually deteriorated, which he doesn't seem to have done. She said when she realised what was happening to her own cat, it was only a week before it had gone so that gave us some more cause for optimism. His tum hasn't got massively bigger, and it wasn't hard either, so they were plus points. She said she's happy to continue the Interferon and steroid treatment for as long as she thought it was useful, or until such time as it appears that things are getting worse and there's no point. So this was a positive visit to the vets, although we're still taking each day as it comes. Max isn't loose in the toilet department yet, so he still has control. He does have a favourite place away from the litter trays, but at least its the same place, so we can put a towel down and he goes there. I wonder too whether part of this is him growing more mature and placing his mark, so to speak, although he's only 16 weeks so I wouldn't have really thought so. That said, his dad became a father for the first time at 7 months so he might be an early maturer! All in all though, as far as Max is concerned, I'm more hopeful than I was. Actually that's wrong, I'm as hopeful as I ever was, but I'm a little more optimistic now. Albeit very cautiously optimistic. He was the biggest of the litter, and whilst a Birman breeder friend said that the biggest is the most at risk, I'm hoping that his size will help him on this occasion. Might be a trait for the biggest of the litter to develop FIP, but by the same token, maybe this will work in his favour and his constitution may deal with the medication better perhaps. Sorry if I'm rambling! I've taken a photo just after we came back from the vets about 1/2 hour ago.

With regard to Millie, it would appear that she has a dose of the cat flu! We've been given eye drops, which are better than the other ones we had, and she's been given an antibiotic injection so with a bit of luck, fairly soon, she should be herself again. In fact both seemed a little better when they returned from the vets as they were in and out of the vertical blinds in the front conservatory. Here's a photo of Millie below. She didn't want to look into the camera and instead insisted I catch her best side!

I keep passing on your thoughts and wishes to both Max and Millie, and they're ever grateful!

Hope I didn't bore you too much!

Lance

We're on Facebook! www.facebook.com/jupiter.victor

Visit the Jupiter and Victor TV Channel!
www.justin.tv/jupitervictor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bless they are both such cuties :D

I'm glad you had a positive vets visit. You're not rambling at all - we are all checking in regularly to hear how Max is doing (and of course Millie!) and I admire the way you manage to keep us all updated in the middle of a tough situation.

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Lance

Really good to hear the vet was pleased with Max and at last you have some idea what is making Millie feel poorly.
You are doing a grand job of keeping us posted and educating us at the same time, remember this could happen to any of us, so we all need each other at some time.

Thanks
sue

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next